2002 Grand Marquis Instrument Cluster Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 Grand Marquis Instrument Cluster Not Working

I have recently bought a 2002 Grand Marquis at an auction. The analog instrument cluster doesn't work, would anyone know what the issue might be? I already checked fuse six, the fuse box was all messed up. Fuses were all in the wrong spots, and usually bigger than they were supposed to be, however that didn't solve the issue. None of the gauges work, including the odometer and tripometer. All of the lights work however, and it is showing the battery light, which I find odd because the car starts right up without hesitation everytime, it even sat for a week and started right up, so I don't think it has a battery issue. Thank you in advance everyone!

Start checking all the ground wires would be my first idea. I'm not that great with electrical, of course, but I had a sticking starter issue that finally turned out to be the negative battery to engine block connection being all corrodey/green between the wires.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

+1 check the grounds under the dash.

bad news: if all the fuses were larger than normal... there may be many burned up wires under the dash.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Does it have air suspension? The fuse for that powers the speedo.

Comment

Do any of the idiot lights work? Have you checked http://www.bbbind.com/free-tsb/ for wiring diagrams yet?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Thesavo; 07-14-2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X