2009 Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 Performance

Do anyone know what is time 0-60 for MGM with 224 HP ?
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Found a 2001 from Motor Trend at 8 seconds.
    http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mercu...-marquis/2001/
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I'm almost sure that it's don't fit to the longest ratio, single exhaust cars.
      '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

I'd say it's rather spot on as my wife's 2000 with the lower power engine will get to 60 in about 8 seconds and it has 2.73 gears and single exhaust. The article says the standard gears are 3.27 with 3.55 optional. So it's probably right.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So You think 224 hp, 2.73 ratio cars should reach 60 about 8 second ? It will be quite good time for me

Comment

It should. Should be a little quicker with higher ratio gears. But just a little.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X