Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk weatherstrip "86 Tudor.

Gents,

Anyone know what the FoMoCo p/n is for a trunk weatherstrip for my '86 MGM Tudor?.........or where I can get an aftermarket one?

Mine is starting to separate and slowly disintegrate:-(

Thanks for the heads up.

Same seal used on Mustangs, you just have to trim to length. Off the top of my head I don't remember if the coupe one is long enough or if you need to use the hatchback one.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok I did a little sleuthing and came up with the following:
      The FoMoCo p/n is: D9AZ-5443720-A
      Which claims to fit box cars and various models of "stangs
      The replacement strip is made by Metro Moulded Parts (800-878-2237)..........they give two of their own p/n's: IS-TK 66 is for the box cars. IS-TK 68 is for the 'stang coupes and converts, the 'stang claims to be 15 feet, 4 and one half inches long. They give no footage length for the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis......but both cars claim the oem number was the FoMoCo number I listed above.

Comment

D9AZ would be a 1979 Vic number, so thats probably the one. Thats most probably the one I bought for my Towncar. I had to trim 8" or so out of it, nothing a pair of scissors couldn't sort.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Excellent!!!!!

Comment

Last time I was at the wreckers I pulled a hatch seal from a Suburban. Had it be trimmed because it's longer but fit perfectly otherwise.

Comment

I seriously suspect most automotive seals are made by one or a small handful of manufacturers to a couple of standard designs. Its just weatherstripping, no need to re-invent the wheel for every car.

Comment

Does the w/s need to be glued down?.....the old w/s seems to be cemented to the trunk lip.
                Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                I seriously suspect most automotive seals are made by one or a small handful of manufacturers to a couple of standard designs. Its just weatherstripping, no need to re-invent the wheel for every car.

Comment

I ordered a black schmoo when I got the trunk weatherstripping for the '91 when I had it painted. Didn't use it, there's a steel core or whatever that locks onto the lip all the way around and it should stay in place forever like the old one, as long as it's clean when you put it on.
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

None of mine have been glued down. As mentioned it kind of pinches the lip around the trunk.

However, if the weatherstrip develops a tendency to stick to the trunk lid, you might opt to use some sort of adhesive to hold it down, and a previous owner may have come to the same conclusion if yours is currently glued down.

Current driver: Ranger
                    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                    | 88 TC | 91 GM
                    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

I didn't use any on mine either. I have a tube of it somewhere but it stays in place very nicely without the help. I did take a very light wipe of silicone grease to the trunk seal on the Continental when it was a little sticky. Seems to have fixed the problem nicely.

Comment

+1 no adhesive on any of mine (except the Expy... it's a trial in rubber shrinkage)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                        X