Kishy's Pile o' Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kishy's Pile o' Parts

This will be a running thread with items added over time.

Condition: All items are used unless indicated otherwise. All items (where applicable) are known to work unless indicated otherwise.

Meet in person? I will drive to meet within the Detroit Metro area or within Ontario as far as Chatham, within reason (throw me some $ for gas).

Shipping: Shipment will originate in Canada, and be handled by Canada Post (handed off to your national postal system if you are not in Canada). The cheapest service tier varies by the size/weight of the item; tracking and insurance are implicitly included for items above a certain size/weight threshold.

If you can ship on an account (e.g. email me a label, I print it and drop the item off at FedEx or similar), I can ship from 48226 Detroit MI USA, with added cost for border crossing tolls.

Payment: Cash (in person), PayPal (anyone, anywhere) or Interac eTransfer (Canadians).

Pricing and Currency: All prices exclude shipping, which will be calculated on request. If you are paying by Interac eTransfer, the price you see is CAD. If you are paying by PayPal, the price you see is USD.

Here comes the stuff...

Lock cylinders, glovebox latches, repair parts to fix glovebox latches: price to vary by what you need. Some but not all have keys. Some are whole-car sets.
    Willing to offer a re-keying "service" where you mail a key to me and I build a lock to match (may take some time to collect more donor cylinders).

Interior switches, mostly window, some power mirror joysticks, Lincoln power seat joysticks. Probably not worth buying used since I think you can get these new, but figured I'd mention them anyway.

Ford/Mercury clock delete plate D9AB-5404428-AWA. Removed from 79 LTD. There is some sort of residue, like from a sticker, on the centre of it, which will not come off with Goo Gone, but the plastic is seemingly in perfect condition. $15

3-speed (C4) shift pattern for Ford cluster. D9AF-7B033. Removed from 79 LTD. SOLD

SEFI upper intake casting plug cover/trim piece. Surface is a little marred and will require new adhesive tape. $15

90-91 dashboard trim (snap-in rail across middle front of dash), left side of column, two Mercury and one Ford available. Condition fair but not excellent. $5

90-91 dashboard trim (snap-in rail across middle front of dash), right side of column. One Ford (rear defrost only), two Mercury (one: rear defrost only, second: antenna/heated windshield/rear defrost button holes).
    Ford $10, Merc 3-hole $20, Merc 1-hole free (has a big scratch and aluminum corrosion)

Also have 90-91 heated windshield button to match (finish is good, pic makes it look not so good). Never observed this part working but was told it worked. $5

90-91 LTD Crown Vic cluster surround trim (black), good condition, $20

90-91 Grand Marquis cluster surround trim (woodgrain), good condition, $20

Mark VI headlamp switch with autolamp and auto high beam dimmer knobs. Works. Vacuum switch does not leak. Faceplate is quite sun-baked and not usable. $25

---

Freebies

85 US (MPH) Ford (takeoff from my wagon) speedometer unit removed from cluster. Only the speedometer and odometer assembly. Has trip odometer. Accuracy never observed, but I know it at least moved. Free

Late 80s Grand Marquis dash trim (woodgrain), E8MB-5404338-AWJ, lower painted blue at some point, Free
    I think I have the radio bezel to match and maybe the cluster surround also

Box Town Car (Cartier, I think 89) cluster surround trim, poor to fair condition (aluminum pulling away from plastic in places).
    From same car, woodgrain section from above glovebox, better condition.

Also includes the woodgrain from around the digidash buttons. Free.

Dashboard radio surrounds. I don't recall exactly what these came off, so refer to appearance for application. Part numbers E8AB-5404302-A, and E9MB-5404302-AAW. Free

Some stuff relating to the InstaClear heated windshield. Removed from a 90 Grand Marquis. My understanding is it worked but I never observed it doing so. I do not know the exact role of these parts. E6DF-14B125-AA marked on one part of it. Free to good home.

Lincoln antitheft module of some sort, and corresponding bracket. Removed from 89. Mounts under dash pad near the ATC vacuum thingy. No idea if this works. E9SB-19A367-AA. Free to good home.

---

More where that came from...stay tuned.
    Note I am notoriously slow to do virtually anything, so I apologize in advance for delays.
    Last edited by kishy; 08-17-2018, 12:42 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Originally posted by kishy View Post
    More where that came from...
    Indeed.

Power trunklid pulldown gear, optionally including bearing (it's a 50-50 shot that if you slam the trunk, you either broke the gear, or the gear housing, and the bearing generally is fine). $20

A second Mark VI headlight switch, with autolamp and auto highbeam dimmer, this one is missing the fascia entirely, as well as all 3 knobs. The vacuum switch does leak slowly, otherwise unit works. $15

Mark VI in-dash vacuum lines for headlight doors. Decent condition, usable, but not exactly new. Includes grommet through firewall (permanently attached). Includes second chunk of vacuum connector for the autolamp solenoid if you want it. $5

1990 LTD Crown Victoria manuals: owner guide, operating guide, and Ford Electronic Sound Systems operating guide. $5 for all three.

1997 Crown Victoria manuals: blue zipper pouch in decent shape, maintenance schedule, owner guide, Canadian warranty booklet, some sort of prepaid postcard to contact Ford Canada. $10 for it all.

NEW - TYC 660235 front right 1998-2011 Ford/Mercury window regulator assembly with motor. $40

Battery hold down. I don't recall which car this matches up to, but it does seem to be a box Panther part. Too wide for a 56, not wide enough for a 65. E0AF-10755-AA. Quite dirty. $10
    Last edited by kishy; 08-09-2018, 11:34 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

I am interested in one of the mirror joysticks with wiring pigtail with chrome ring that screws on from the top.

Also what are the dual window switches with joystick in the top row out of?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
        I am interested in one of the mirror joysticks with wiring pigtail with chrome ring that screws on from the top.

Also what are the dual window switches with joystick in the top row out of?
        Noted, I'll fish those out next time I'm near them and get more detailed pics of condition, etc. Note the pigtail changed sometime in the 80s, there are (at least) two versions.

Those other joystick switches are the Lincoln power seat switches, as the Lincoln seat controls are on the door. The rockers do forward and back height, the stick does forward/back position and height.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Ok, either pigtail is fine since I'll be cutting and splicing the other end any way.

Do those seat controls have a face place?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
            Do those seat controls have a face place?
            Yes and no - it's integrated with the window switch panel which you can kind of see in this photo: https://flic.kr/p/L93Smf

The woodgrain was a later 80s thing, the earlier cars are silver like the Ford/Mercury.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Here's a closer pic I grabbed from a CL ad:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	01111_d1agYZnALA8_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1284213
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Ah ok thanks. I am looking to redo my door panels and need some switches I can use for windows and door locks.

Comment

Adjusted the above posts a little (shifted a couple things to the free category)

Some new additions, mostly Panther but some not, things I got for projects that I've realized I'll never do:

Aerostar (at least 93 by part number, don't recall what I pulled it from) digital cluster. Could have sworn I got this in the US but labeling suggests it may be a Canadian market piece (default KMH). Has a bank of DIP switches so that can likely be configured. F39F-10849-HA. Working condition unknown and odometer reading unknown. $15

97 Crown Vic (from my own old 97 HPP) digital cluster, Canadian. F6AF-10849-AB. Odo should show about 170k km. Works, no dead sections. $25

89 Town Car digital cluster, Canadian. E9VF-10849-AA. Working condition unknown. $25

Lincoln Message Center module for digital cluster, 1981 Mark VI, later reman. E1PF-10D893-BA. Working condition unknown. $25

Lincoln Message Center module for digital cluster, Town Car but do not recall what year (86 earliest, 89 latest). E6VF-10D904-AA. Working condition unknown. $25

92 Town Car analog cluster, American. Physically fits 90-94 Lincoln and Mercury; 90-91 Ford (can't speak to whether it's plug n play or not, pinout-wise). Working condition unknown and at some point I took this apart, but it looks complete aside from the gearshift indicator cable. F1VF-BC. $20

90-91 Grand Marquis analog cluster, American. Same physical fitment as above. F0MF-AD. Working condition unknown. Missing temp and fuel gauges. Free

90-91 Grand Marquis analog cluster, Canadian. Same physical fitment as above. F0MF-BD. Working condition unknown. Missing temp gauge and gear indicator cable. $5

90-91 Grand Marquis analog cluster, Canadian. Same physical fitment as above. F0MF-BD. Original take-off from my 91, taken apart and parts-swapped with the 90 P72 cluster I use in it now. Note this has the P72 police AOD shift pattern in it. Missing odometers, fuel gauge, temp gauge. free without the shift indicator, $30 with it (or for it alone)

Fox Thunderbird/Cougar digital cluster, American, pulled from 85 T-bird. Working condition unknown. $20
                  Fox Thunderbird/Cougar digital cluster, Canadian, pulled from 86 Cougar (I think). Working condition unknown. $20

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                  | Junkyards

Comment

Hi kishy,do you still have the module for the digital cluster for a Lincoln Town Car?

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia80 View Post
                      Hi kishy,do you still have the module for the digital cluster for a Lincoln Town Car?
                      Hi, yes, I do. It might take some time to find, but I definitely still have it.

Can make no guarantees about its state of functioning and I'm also not 100% sure exactly what car I pulled it from (as noted above by the photos). If you're interested, send me a private message and we'll chat there.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

I wonder why Canadian clusters go up to 200 km/hr? Wouldn't 140 be sufficient given the maximum legal speed limit there? Neat though, for if a dude or dudette in the states didn't want to pay for a cop car cluster they could just jam one of those in and observe the fine print.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                          I wonder why Canadian clusters go up to 200 km/hr? Wouldn't 140 be sufficient given the maximum legal speed limit there? Neat though, for if a dude or dudette in the states didn't want to pay for a cop car cluster they could just jam one of those in and observe the fine print.
                          I don't know what a box tops out at mechanically, but having taken them to 150 (certainly on a closed course with a professional driver only) I'll bet they might do 180. The speedometer probably should (in terms of what is best practice) be capable of indicating some amount beyond the actual maximum speed the car can go, regardless of legality.

85MPH speedometers were the result of laws in the US which the rest of the world didn't care about. If the 85MPH rules didn't exist, I'd bet the US cluster would have been identical in scale to the Canadian one, just with the units flipped.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                          | Junkyards

Comment

Yes, see "I can't drive 55" by Sammy Hagar.

But I rarely do 75 or 80 these days, so I appreciate the higher resolution offered by the 85 mph units. Once upon a time I wanted the 140mph speedo that was optional for Firebirds/Trans Ams of the third generation flavor. The 120mph unit is just fine with me.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

That's one of the '80s quirks I like about my '85 F-150, that speedometer that only goes to 85 and has the 55 highlighted.
                              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Working...
                              X