Oil cooler fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil cooler fitting

Hey all.. so my engine and trans are starting to leak more than I’m comfortable with. I’m going to yank them and regasket them.

What gasket is used for the oil cooler piece that is attached to the engine? It seems to be leaking and is like to seal it up tight.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

I have a couple of those I can mail one out to you. When I got my oil cooler set up (stock box oil cooler) it needed a new gasket between the sandwich plate and the block. I measured out what to get and it came in a pack of 10 or so. If that is the one you need let me know and I'll try to find them.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I have a couple of those I can mail one out to you. When I got my oil cooler set up (stock box oil cooler) it needed a new gasket between the sandwich plate and the block. I measured out what to get and it came in a pack of 10 or so. If that is the one you need let me know and I'll try to find them.
      I believe that is what I need! the hoses coming off of it are some sort of compression fitting and don't require a gasket right? I can PM you and we can figure things out
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

The cooler lines should be flare fittings, no seals involved. I couldn't find a listing in the manuals for what the block to cooler seal is, but an O-ring makes sense.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Squared off o ring, much like an oil filter gasket. Gonna search for it now.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Found em.

New v. old.
            Attached Files
            ~David~

Comment

I don't suppose its the same one in an oil filter?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think I looked into that years back when I needed one. Needs to be whatever this size is so it fits in the channel of the oil sandwich plate.
                ~David~

Comment

Very cool! Nice find
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X