Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dash Designs Seat & Dash Covers at RockAuto.com!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash Designs Seat & Dash Covers at RockAuto.com!

Let's be real, it is hard to keep your vehicle's interior looking great. Food, coffee, pets, kids and even the sun's rays can all take a toll on your vehicle's seats. If your worn and stained seats are in serious need of an upgrade or if you want to keep your seats in pristine shape (especially for resale or while leasing a vehicle), RockAuto has the perfect solution for you!

From the '17 Toyota Sienna, to the '06 Chevrolet Impala, to the '99 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup, to the '09 Jeep Wrangler, to the '71 Chevrolet Chevelle, find the Seat Cover and Dash Cover options we have for your specific vehicle in the "Accessories" category of the RockAuto catalog. Be sure to click on the Info button in the catalog listing to view swatches, images and installation instructions.

RockAuto Catalog | Promotions & Rebates | Help

sigpic

Coincidentally, I ordered 4 of these (dash covers, in velour) today.

Any members curious about fitment and quality, I'll be able to provide feedback once I have them.
    Last edited by kishy; 06-22-2018, 01:08 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

Woohoo, thanks Kishy.
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Initial impressions are good...got back home after dark so didn't explore fitment on the 91 or the Lincoln, though. I went with the velour covers.

Note RockAuto is not equipped to record whether you want the dash cover pre-cut for the autolamp sensor (I discussed this directly with Dash Designs before I submitted the order). For all RockAuto orders of these dash covers, they perforate/mark the cover where you need to cut to expose the sensor. If you order directly from Dash Designs, you can tell them to cut them, but RockAuto being a volume wholesaler is getting us a better deal in exchange for minor hiccups like this.

Although the part number does differ between the Ford and Mercury covers, the pattern appears identical in every way I can see. I laid one on top of the other and couldn't tell a single difference. The Lincoln ones will be different, of course, as are the 90-91 from the 79-89. The 90-91 has the flap part that comes down over the faux airbag on the passenger side.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Unless your dash board is a mess, do not use the adhesive velcro to secure it to your dash ! I used to sell dash covers from a few vendors. Sold about 80 a month locally in CA. before the internet. When the sun hits the adhesive from the velcro, it melts to the dash board. Real risk of damaging the dash board. I quickly learned to tell the customer this when the cover was delivered.
          Before installing, lay the cover out in the sun for a little while to get the roll out of it. Most of the ones I sold were the carpet type.
          Just lay the cover on the dash. To align it, push it in between the dash and windshield carefully. Unless you drive with the windows open, it will hold the dash pretty good. Only one of my cars has the dash cover firmly secured to the dash. It will never come off.
          If you have to wash it, Use clear, cold water, air dry, no soap. or the color may bleed out.
          People who order them for new cars have to be aware that the passenger air bag has to have a cut out in the dash cover. Many of the new vehicles have a dash that visually hides the air bag. (smooth looking dash) The cover will look like crap with the cut out.
          It is a liability thing with the dash cover maker.

Comment

These velour ones don't really keep the "roll" shape, they lay out flat very easily.

I do not want to use the adhesive velcro strips because the dash pads I am looking to protect are in good shape, but I might compromise and put just a few tiny little squares of it in strategic locations because driving with the windows up is not an option generally.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Jeez, I'm looking at these, and I know I need Maroon for the '91 (by far the worst of the dashes), but the '82 Mark Vi and possibly '88 Wagon need one as well, but what color!?

The Vanilla or Mocha might work for the Mark VI, as it has a creme colored interior (with a tan dash cap so no bad reflections) but I don't know which tan ones will work best with the '88 Wagon or the Mark VI for sure. The Mocha looks lighter than the vanilla in the order page on Dash Design's website! https://www.dashdesigns.com/i-314126...ash-cover.html
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I have been running some kinda dash cover since 2006. Dash was wrecked already so I used the adhesive velcro squares. I really really like it over a cracked to hell dash. I even picked up a mat for the rear deck lid to match. I am super happy with both. Again these were purchased from JC Whitney AGES ago. Would have to look up the brand. One this worth mentioning though is the autolamp sensor hole. Mine came precut and it was not in a position I was happy with so I had to cut out a new one and get creative with filling in the gap as it was just off enough to not line up with the sensor. It all came out perfectly though and dont regret it one bit.

Inside the dash vents may be a good/obscure place to land a couple velcro pieces.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I ordered both the 83 and 91 covers as "maroon" because it looked like the closest compromise for both cars (which are not the same interior colour but neither seems bright enough to be their "red" offering). I'm pleased with how both match their respective cars.

I ordered the Lincoln one as "vanilla", again as the closest compromise, and it is reasonably well matched to whatever you call the interior colour on that car.

The wagon one is "dark blue" and I'd call it a very reasonable match.

Lincoln one is in (just sitting in place kinda pinched down along the windshield and sides), didn't get the cutout perfect unfortunately. I'd rather have gone smaller for it but didn't think through my plan before going for it. As it is I already cut it smaller than the perforations so I'm glad I didn't just cut it to those dimensions to start with.

91 cover seems ever so slightly undersized in overall length. If I pull it over as far to the left as I feel like it should be, the passenger side stops lining up. Also, although the autolamp sensor on the 90-91 dash is in the centre between the defroster vents, you do still have to cut it out.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                  | Junkyards

Comment

Check out other vendors as well as Dash Designs. Dash Mat is another good one. Seams and edging are important. Where there are curves, sewn in seams make the cover look made to fit. One vendor has a mesh that is sewn over the defroster vent. I did not like that at first, it does prevent stuff from falling down the vent.
                    As far as color, if you call the maker direct, they should send you a sample of the color you are considering. Most of the time you cannot order through the factory unless you have a wholesale account with them.
                    I have been to a factory in Ca. and watched them being made. So many patterns, sensor areas to cut out, They actually have people scouting out new vehicle models to make templates.
                    Once again, unless your dash board is a mess or your never going to remove the cover, I strongly advise not to velcro it down. Just my free 2 cents.

Comment

Dash Designs was the manufacturer of choice because RockAuto has them at 28 bucks, versus over 40 to buy direct from Dash Designs, and prices up from there for the competitors.

I have no complaints about these yet except the possible fitment issues on the 91 dash. Cost was a primary motivator due to quantity (4...). Time will tell if this was a good long term investment.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                      X