No announcement yet.

Temperature gauge needle erratically moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir it was. When i got home from the hospital i popped the hood and saw bubbles coming from the plastic that surrounds the transmission lines. Seems the car was only loosing coolant at a certain level because for the most part i never saw any puddles of coolant on the floor. I only saw the puddle on the floor when i was picking up my girl at the front doors and i had just topped it off.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ah, yup, that'd do it.

I got the impression from how you phrased it that the gauge was ping-ponging rapidly between positions, which would speak more to an electrical problem with the gauge. A legitimate fluctuation in temperature will also make the gauge move, of course.

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

Yupp. I thought it was the sensor myself since it literally did just bounce around. Crazy how a small crack can cause all these weird problems

Comment

Probably low on coolant and you were reading bubbles. The gauges in these things respond a little oddly, it doesn't take all that much change in temperature to swing a fair distance.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yupp waiting to install the aftermarket gauge just for a more accurate reading. But first i have to fight it out with the apartments because theyre not too fond of me working on the car here.

Comment

well at least you have some gauge, the idiot lights the previous generation had were completely useless. Once it came on it was probably too late.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thank god for the 'new' speedometers then lol

Comment

Working...
                X