PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1986 Mercury Grand Marquis Tudor in Waco, TX - $1400

fomoco panthers !

When I was into buying and selling vehicles, If I had a car up for sale for a month, that was a long time. Most of the time cars sold in a week or so. Since I moved to Maine, People look at vehicles differently. Older cars are not appreciated by most. I know what I have,(nothing rare or special) and what I want for it, which actually is a reasonable price. I do not care how long it takes to sell it.
    When I want to sell it fast, It goes on Ebay. My old cars won't sell here in Maine that is for sure.

"I know what I have!"

Geez, 2-3 months Sly? That is a long time. Like Tom, most of our stuff sells in about a month, 1.5 at the most. Took 1.5 months to sell our trouble free & reliable '92 F250 for $1,000. I guess people really hate mix matched color stuff. Took me probably 2 months to sell my Fury. That was joy ride after joy ride coupled with "I can get you $500 today and blah blah blah..."
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

The problem is most of that stuff is still running down here and it's not as rare to find good clean stuff that's 30 years old.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    The problem is most of that stuff is still running down here and it's not as rare to find good clean stuff that's 30 years old.
    Yeah, you have to find the right buyer who's willing to pay at least close to asking for your older car. Plus, some picky women refuse to drive older cars (various excuses like 'it won't be dependable!' or 'I deserve a Lexus!' etc), and refuse to drive anything 'too big.' The floor price for a running, driving car varies by the area where you live, and emissions and inspection regimes vary between states and even counties. We can buy anything with a check engine light and drive it into the ground polluting all day long, but the next county north of us CEL is an automatic fail. Pennsylvania fails your car if it has any rust through (or is it 'any rust through the paint?'), IIRC.
    , on Flickr
    SLICKTOP '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, police swaybar, S&S headrests. 2002 GM LS, & '90 F-150 XLT. 1962 project Heep.

Yeah, I get so many people that say they don't drive old cars because they're unreliable. That's just the start of it lol.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12