Panther Road Trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panther Road Trip!

So I've been considering driving out west in the LTD... I had an idea, it would be cool to visit members along the way! I know we have a lot of members scattered throughout the country, it would be cool to hear their story. I plan on both staying in hotels and bringing my tent if anyone would be gracious enough to let me sleep in their yard. Anyway I was just throwing this idea around. Members could even join me for a cruise, either to other members, local landmarks, or pretty much whatever. My purpose for this is strictly leisure. I had time set aside for a road trip with a friend this summer and plans fell through. So I thought this might be a good substitute. Any members out there feel like having a local member visit them!? Let me know. Anyone is welcome, either to join, or just say hi!

-Phil
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Depends on how far west you intend to get! Lol, doesn't get a hell of a lot further than here. Honestly though, california blows and some riddler might wreck your nice car. Ask me how i know

Comment

Let us know if you'll be near Texas at all.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

My backyard is huge. You could throw up a tent back there but this time of year the basement is ultra cool. In southeast MI.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yeah, Detroit is west of NJ. That would be cool to meet you and see the LTD-S.

JY run?
          What time frame are we talking here?

My shoebox apartment with two kids under 6 probably wouldn't be the ideal place to crash. Also, your car should be safe parked at Derek's place; my place might be a gamble, lol.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I guess I'm technically slightly west of you, but I doubt a trip all the way an hour away is what you had in mind.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you make it to DFW, I have a guest bedroom. Just need what day(s) you'd be here and an OK from the wife.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Wow I got more responses than I thought, awesome! I may do this sometime in August, however it's funny that 2 guys from Michigan responded, I may do a "mini road trip" To visit my friend in Anne Arbor as early as later next week. Maybe we could get together and do a junkyard run if this happens? Do you two know each other already? Are there many panthers in the yards there?

Back on the main road trip though, I would like to go southwest, texas is not out of the question, but it would be nice to have a midpoint somewhere in between! I appreciate all the generous offers
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

I've got an acre in North Central FL. You can park anywhere in front you want, and camp in back with the firepit or sleep inside with the kitchen, depending on the level of civilization you require

I could use a hand body swapping my 84 and coupe chassis [emoji16]

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                  '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                  '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

coming thru ohio?if so, i am in Barberton.and a visit would be nice(sexcpotatoes isnt far from me either) lemme know if and when ,i am retired now since my stroke and it would be nice to see ya again.
                    I'm not completely oblivious to reality, I just choose to reject it when it doesn't line up with my opinions. (thanx Thain!)

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                      Wow I got more responses than I thought, awesome! I may do this sometime in August, however it's funny that 2 guys from Michigan responded, I may do a "mini road trip" To visit my friend in Anne Arbor as early as later next week. Maybe we could get together and do a junkyard run if this happens? Do you two know each other already? Are there many panthers in the yards there?
                      AA is a decent hike from where Derek and I are. I think Grand1 is closer to AA though.
                      If I can manage to free up the time (unfortunately I'm not sure about next week) perhaps I could meet up at a JY.
                      Derek used to live 8 miles from me and 1 mile from where I work. After he moved a year or two ago he's a little further away (10.9 miles according to google maps).

Are there panthers in the yards here? This is Detroit, just take a look at Kishy's junkyard photos. Since this is Detroit, not only are there plenty of panthers, but there is usually a good selection of boxes. Although, the older the car you are looking for the less selection there is. There was a '79 LTD and a Colony Park in the same yard that I went to last week. That yard had a major inventory swap this past week so I'm not sure if those are still there, but Kishy would know.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Maine would be a nice trip . If you are coming up, let me know. I have guest bedrooms, a gazebo, 16 acres. BBQ is ready.
                        No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol.

Comment

Yah, Vic and I just did a JY run this past Saturday. Hopefully Kishy could make it out the same time you roll through town. I've got Mickey Mouse tools, a couple floor jacks and such but there's plenty of room to work in. Grill works.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Oh, hello. Yes, junkyard Panthers are a thing in Detroit. Currently a 79 LTD S I posted many a pic of, but it's now absent of a bunch of things which may or may not be in my garage.

I do the weekday "9 to 5" gig, so outside of those hours I can make myself available for things and stuff. I live ever so slightly South of Detroit

Current driver: Ranger
                            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                            | 88 TC | 91 GM
                            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                            | Junkyards

Comment

Hey all! So My plan is finalized, I'm going to go to scottfest on the 10th, and leave from there. I plan to go south and then out to the west. Anyone along the east coast or so? Planning on heading south on 81 and seeing where that takes me. Suggestions welcome!
                              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X