PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Panther Road Trip!

Cool Panther Road Trip!

So I've been considering driving out west in the LTD... I had an idea, it would be cool to visit members along the way! I know we have a lot of members scattered throughout the country, it would be cool to hear their story. I plan on both staying in hotels and bringing my tent if anyone would be gracious enough to let me sleep in their yard. Anyway I was just throwing this idea around. Members could even join me for a cruise, either to other members, local landmarks, or pretty much whatever. My purpose for this is strictly leisure. I had time set aside for a road trip with a friend this summer and plans fell through. So I thought this might be a good substitute. Any members out there feel like having a local member visit them!? Let me know. Anyone is welcome, either to join, or just say hi!

-Phil
    -Phil

+'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, 2150 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, Baumann Shift Kit, Big brake swap, rear discs, HO intake/TB, custom exhaust.

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Depends on how far west you intend to get! Lol, doesn't get a hell of a lot further than here. Honestly though, california blows and some riddler might wreck your nice car. Ask me how i know

Let us know if you'll be near Texas at all.
    —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - getting her back in shape (POTM March 2017)
    1995 Mustang Cobra coupe - keeping it simple
    1966 Mustang coupe - soon-to-be project: no longer buried in junk; out of the garage!

My backyard is huge. You could throw up a tent back there but this time of year the basement is ultra cool. In southeast MI.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Approaching 2 decades of DDing Box Panthers VicCrownVic's Avatar

Yeah, Detroit is west of NJ. That would be cool to meet you and see the LTD-S.

JY run?
    What time frame are we talking here?

My shoebox apartment with two kids under 6 probably wouldn't be the ideal place to crash. Also, your car should be safe parked at Derek's place; my place might be a gamble, lol.
    Vic

~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - I'll fix it eventually
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I guess I'm technically slightly west of you, but I doubt a trip all the way an hour away is what you had in mind.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

If you make it to DFW, I have a guest bedroom. Just need what day(s) you'd be here and an OK from the wife.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Wow I got more responses than I thought, awesome! I may do this sometime in August, however it's funny that 2 guys from Michigan responded, I may do a "mini road trip" To visit my friend in Anne Arbor as early as later next week. Maybe we could get together and do a junkyard run if this happens? Do you two know each other already? Are there many panthers in the yards there?

Back on the main road trip though, I would like to go southwest, texas is not out of the question, but it would be nice to have a midpoint somewhere in between! I appreciate all the generous offers
    -Phil

+'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, 2150 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, Baumann Shift Kit, Big brake swap, rear discs, HO intake/TB, custom exhaust.

I've got an acre in North Central FL. You can park anywhere in front you want, and camp in back with the firepit or sleep inside with the kitchen, depending on the level of civilization you require

I could use a hand body swapping my 84 and coupe chassis

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

previously known as T65neon5

coming thru ohio?if so, i am in Barberton.and a visit would be nice(sexcpotatoes isnt far from me either) lemme know if and when ,i am retired now since my stroke and it would be nice to see ya again.
    I'm not completely oblivious to reality, I just choose to reject it when it doesn't line up with my opinions. (thanx Thain!)

Approaching 2 decades of DDing Box Panthers VicCrownVic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Wow I got more responses than I thought, awesome! I may do this sometime in August, however it's funny that 2 guys from Michigan responded, I may do a "mini road trip" To visit my friend in Anne Arbor as early as later next week. Maybe we could get together and do a junkyard run if this happens? Do you two know each other already? Are there many panthers in the yards there?
    AA is a decent hike from where Derek and I are. I think Grand1 is closer to AA though.
    If I can manage to free up the time (unfortunately I'm not sure about next week) perhaps I could meet up at a JY.
    Derek used to live 8 miles from me and 1 mile from where I work. After he moved a year or two ago he's a little further away (10.9 miles according to google maps).

Are there panthers in the yards here? This is Detroit, just take a look at Kishy's junkyard photos. Since this is Detroit, not only are there plenty of panthers, but there is usually a good selection of boxes. Although, the older the car you are looking for the less selection there is. There was a '79 LTD and a Colony Park in the same yard that I went to last week. That yard had a major inventory swap this past week so I'm not sure if those are still there, but Kishy would know.
    Vic

~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - I'll fix it eventually
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

fomoco panthers !

Maine would be a nice trip . If you are coming up, let me know. I have guest bedrooms, a gazebo, 16 acres. BBQ is ready.
    No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol.

Yah, Vic and I just did a JY run this past Saturday. Hopefully Kishy could make it out the same time you roll through town. I've got Mickey Mouse tools, a couple floor jacks and such but there's plenty of room to work in. Grill works.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

I like cars and stuff

Oh, hello. Yes, junkyard Panthers are a thing in Detroit. Currently a 79 LTD S I posted many a pic of, but it's now absent of a bunch of things which may or may not be in my garage.

I do the weekday "9 to 5" gig, so outside of those hours I can make myself available for things and stuff. I live ever so slightly South of Detroit

83 GM 2dr | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 (Pre-Op) | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM POTM 12/2017 | Junkyards thread/Flickr

Hey all! So My plan is finalized, I'm going to go to scottfest on the 10th, and leave from there. I plan to go south and then out to the west. Anyone along the east coast or so? Planning on heading south on 81 and seeing where that takes me. Suggestions welcome!
    -Phil

I’m in Evans, Georgia, but working more than anything right now. Can’t say there’s a lot to see around the Augusta area, though.

I’m also quite far from I-81. Typically I take it starting in Virginia when I go to Pennsylvania.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (320K Miles) - The Hideaway & April 2017 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (200K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 POTM Winner

If you find yourself up near Cleveland, drop a line, I might be around.

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Go visit Eric in Georgia, maybe he can fix your no park
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar, GT40 Intakes With Remanufactured GT40P Heads, Contour Cooling Fans, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, Working A/C, Big Front Brake Swap, more mods to come soon!

If you have no problems with couch crashing and late nights, we have an open couch in the Dorm here in Huntsville, AL