1987 Crown Vic 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Crown Vic 5.0

Anybody have a part number for a belt when you delete smog pump?

I used a K060563 belt. Keeps the A/C while bypassing the smog pump. You may see the belt number in a few other number configurations, like 6K563, but the takeaway is it's a 6 rib belt that's 56-7/8" long.

You’ll need to remove the pulley from the pump, though, otherwise the belt will contact the pulley. It’s only held on by three bolts and is not very hard to take off.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

If you run the belt over the top of the idler/tensioner pulley, it won't touch.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

There is a sticky in this forum specifically covering this topic. Including an application you can tell the idiots at the parts counter. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...nd-Smog-Delete

Comment

Working...
        X