Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Set timing, now car won't start! HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woohoo! Glad y'all found it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Outstanding, this was really bugging me.

Comment

Same here, it's like the earth is off my shoulders! It's just so dang nice have her back on the road and roasting the tires haha.

Comment

OH noice! Love it when a plan comes together.

Runs good eh? I've been tossing around the idea of throwing a HO upper on mine. Shop originally wouldn't do the GT40 for me so I do have one lying around.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Same here, I'm so dang glad my Ol'Betsy didn't have to go to the junkyard! (Even tho it was a main option lol)

Yeah it runs really good, it honestly runs smoother and better with the GT40 intake than it did with the ported HO upper and stock lower. Car is way more snappy on the throttle and there's a bit of seat of the pants feel, atleast for my car. I'm sure results may vary as with anything. There was no port overhang, the junk stock head ports and GT40 lower lined up damn near perfect. I put HO valve covers on since my old ones were leaking at the seals anyways, and the back side of the plenum hits the oil fill cap so you have to pop the cover off. Looks ugly but still works. In the end, even with the struggles(more of a learning experience now) it was totally worth it to me.

Comment

Yea,.....it's like when your girlfriend finally says yes.....same weight off the shoulders feeling(s)
              Originally posted by Not_your_grandpas_marquis View Post
              Same here, it's like the earth is off my shoulders! It's just so dang nice have her back on the road and roasting the tires haha.

Comment

Amen to that! Best description ever 😎

Comment

Awesome
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's the NYC comic in me

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                      Yea,.....it's like when your girlfriend finally says yes.....same weight off the shoulders feeling(s)
                      Unless your girlfriend just found out she is pregnant. That type of YES you might not want to hear ! The weight is back on your shoulders.

Comment

Now Tom that is too FUNNY!!!!!!!!
                        Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                        Unless your girlfriend just found out she is pregnant. That type of YES you might not want to hear ! The weight is back on your shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                        X