Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS6 compressor clutches $29 on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183208184845

NOS 47854 compressor clutch for FS6, 29 USD with free shipping within the US. This is a steal compared to buying this part new virtually anywhere.

Based on packaging description and photos I would not expect the spacer washers (to set air gap) to be included, but for the price savings it's not the end of the world to improvise for that part.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

These are the early style, the genuine Warner Electric Clutch & Brake Co version. The shim washer is nothing special, you can definitely improvise that if needed, or recycle them from the original clutch.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I just skimmed this seller's other items (searching for "Motorcraft") and they have a bunch of NOS items of interest to our cars, but often a little pricey. Interior temperature sensors (including the super early metal one), ATC blend door servos, VV carb parts...it's worth a look.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

I dealt with this seller this morning. Bought a nos engine cover and snorkel for my 96 CV. for $60. I had a coupon for 15% off for today only, so it was a good deal. Used engine covers without snorkel are pulling $50.+
        Seller does not take offers. Prices are a bit high on many things.

Comment

I may have spoken a bit too soon re: included hardware. It's all there.

Trying to get this clutch under $80 (in either dollar) from anywhere is nearly impossible. If your clutch hub rubber is disintegrating as is mine, this is a very solid deal. Can't wait to get it installed. I think I need some sort of jaw puller to get the pulley off, though, so I'll have to find one of those somewhere.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

Its a threaded tool, looks like a bolt inside a bolt. There is a holder tool that is round with three posts on it to engage on the clutch face. Ideally you need both.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

With the one in the Mad Marquis... once I got the snap rings off... and buzzed the nut off... everything slid off pretty easy. No puller required. I think because it's keyed, they don't completely press fit the thing. For me, getting the snap rings off was the hardest part because I did it in the car with the OEM snap ring pliers they sell at AZ (the small ones, not really meant for use on these huge snap rings). I ended up breaking the pins off one of the interchangeable ends. Got it done though, and that's still in the beast with the new owner AFAIK.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I've got the bolt-inside-a-bolt thing for the hub, as well as the 3-stud holder tool, but I was thinking I needed a jaw-type puller to get the pulley off after the hub is off. But it sounds like once the hub is off and the snap ring is undone the bearing for the pulley just slides off the compressor body without much fuss. I may give this a shot tomorrow after work then. The intermittently dragging clutch sound is truly awful. Sounds like metal hogging out metal, since that's exactly what it is.
                Last edited by kishy; 07-16-2018, 12:01 AM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

oh, that, yeah it should just wiggle off if you pull the snap rings and possibly wipe the crud off the compressor snout.

Comment

Damn it.... I wish I waited longer to replace the clutch on my TC. I found a 4 Seasons clutch coil on eBay which was a major PITA to make work with the rest of the existing clutch on my car (slightly different casting of the coil housing, required a lot of grinding and cursing). It ended up not even being a faulty clutch coil anyway....

The pulley pulled off mine with just some light tapping, but the whole compressor/clutch was pretty clean (replaced in the late '90s I believe).

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                    RyPow
                    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Yeah...a good, and somewhat rare deal.

To come full circle with this, I did install it (mentioned in my Town Car thread) and I'm pleased with my purchase. I'm tempted to buy another to put in the parts stock, but debating it because any other of my cars that will need one, will also be receiving a complete new compressor anyway, which usually do come with the clutch.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

I've got it on my watch list, but I do have a used but good condition clutch assembly here. Both of my FS-6 cars have newer clutches on them already. Kinda thinking I probably don't need two spare clutches.

Comment

Working...
                        X