No announcement yet.

Strange ticking noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeahh youre right. Just trying to get this car running perfect so when my baby gets out the hospital its ready to rock and roll.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Could be the smog pump if you still have it connected. The one on my old car sounded like an old trash can full of rocks rolling down the street.

Comment

No smog pump amd no belt on the ac pulley.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
          Could be the smog pump if you still have it connected. The one on my old car sounded like an old trash can full of rocks rolling down the street.
          I had the Mark VII do that, the one on the Towncar sounded like 50s flying saucer sound effects.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

When the smog pump died on the Mad Marquis... it sounded like I had a supercharger for a few weeks before the bearings seized up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post

Can always count on this guy for da funnies.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

"drunk with a maraca" is the other description I've offered on mine. Pretty much the same noise.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X