No announcement yet.

My 86 Merc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are many changes you can make to the stock suspension. The optimum time to do it is before you put money into the existing suspension.
    Big brakes up front (need at least 16" rims), disks at the rear. Air ride in the rear, auto air shocks are the easiest. Sway bars. Even ABS.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by 302SLoW View Post
      You all have me second guessing this air ride . lol . I gathered all winter for my parts and now that I'm ready to install, i might just sell it all and put money into replacing stock suspension , and tuning up engine /new tires .

i really don't want to be welding shock relocation stuff on the frame. And hearing what everyone has to say about the car itself .. i like the originality ,and don't want to trash a well maintained ride .

Thanks for the insight .
      Yeah it's a nice car and they're only original once. I had grand plans for my Town Car too but then the same thing dawned on me. I really like it for what it is.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Beautiful '86. Which other old cars have you owned?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks . Ive had a handful of Parisienne's/coupes . Nothing real special to an old car enthusiast . But everything i want in a vehicle

Comment

Consider what we're driving here. We understand.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, I get it. Doesn't have to be a '70 'Cuda or anything to pique my interest. I've been into quirky cars since before it was a thing. Unfortunately, even those cars are going up in value now. For example, I never thought '87-'97 OBS Ford trucks would be worth anything yet they are.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Welcome!

Even if you were going for a low rider setup, at the end of the day it's your car so if I like it or not doesn't matter.
                I run wagon cargo coils and Gabriel HiJackers on the rear of my '91 MGM GS, The Ice Car, and I love the setup. I also have a ton-o junk in the trunk so I kind of need that setup. It's not a setup for everyone as everyone has their own needs and preferences.

The car looks great, and sounds like you have some fun plans.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                X