Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuse box map and light problems on '87 Colony Park.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse box map and light problems on '87 Colony Park.

Hi guys!

It's been a while since I started my "project" Colony Park. With a replacement of many parts, my car hit the roads of Chile in relative good condition. Still many details to solve.
    However, problems on a 31 years old car are expected. At this time I have problems with the taillights, the decorative "coach lamps" and dashboard lights, all them suddenly turn off!. I'm looking for the "fuse box map", to start a possible diagnosis with that. I try to find it without results.

If anyone had the same problem in the past or have any idea about this problem, I will appreciate your help, thanks!

Do you have an owners manual or the factory Ford shop manuals ? Great items to have.

Comment

No, I need to import all that literature (is a pending task), panther models are unusual in the local market so I canīt find them here.

Comment

Tail lights and dash lights are out? This could be a failing headlight switch.
        Pull the headlight switch very slowly to the on position and see if the dash lights come on at any time while you do this. Try it a few times.
        This is how I dealt with a failing switch until I got a replacement; I had to find the sweet spot in the worn out switch.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Headlight switch is my thought as well. All of the running lights run off a common terminal on the switch, and its prone to melting. If you remove the switch, look at the connection at the back corner for damage. Replace the switch and connector if its bad.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Melted connector, and check the wire entering the connector as it gets crusty as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

That was exactly what occurred. Even in the same connector as the GM_Guy pic!
              I removed the plastic connector and re-attached the connections with the help of an electric technician. The switch was replaced 1 year ago and is in good condition.

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Working...
              X