88 Town car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 Town car

I used to have some respect for "wheeler dealer/private sale mags". More and more they are publishing stuff like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180704_171000828.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	1304574

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

“But this here is a real American classic! Nothing better!” /s

We’re still a while out before older Panthers actually have any true value increase. Barges from the ‘70s are selling in the 3000-7000 range for decent condition ones, and a bit higher for really nice ones. But 15K on a ‘88? Not any time soon.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

All it takes are a couple people with too much money to ruin it for everyone. Just like the fox body mustangs.....

As soon as one sells high they all automatically need to be sold high and nobody wins.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

5,312 miles and maintained regularly. Not sure how those go together. How many people really change their oil every year, even if the car only traveled 183 miles (or less) that year.

On the plus side, short of storage outside or salt exposure without clean up, it’s very likely a nice car.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

means its had at least one oil change in it's life, and probably nothing else really. Just imagine what the coolant looks like. The problem with those super low mile cars is that everything fails from age when you start using it.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just think:

Buy a nice clean box for 3000
            Drop 2000 on engine
            Misc 2500 everything else is

$7500.00 ... About $6,000.00 cheaper..ands that's souping it up, can be done for cheaper.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

I can sell one of my Towncars for $2,495.OBRO. Mine could be totally rebuilt if needed and still be far cheaper. Heck of a deal compared to the 5k mile one. The dealer is doing what dealers do. They had to successfully pass two courses to get their dealers license. BS 101 and Lying 101. I would feel more confident if it was sold by the original owner, backed up with all service paperwork etc.

Comment

Yeah that kinda crap makes me sick. It's like what Dave, Tiggie and gadget said. Check out "Vanguard Motor Sales" on YouTube for some cringe worthy stuff. Can only imagine what those cars are going for. The old ones are great, beautiful paint but most of them blow oil out the tailpipes and run like ass. "Beautiful car! Nothing wrong with it!"
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                X