For those that might be interested.......SS brake hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that might be interested.......SS brake hoses

I am not aware of any of the usual Ford parts vendors have brake hoses made of braided ss.

If anyone here is interested, I can post the name of someone who makes up braided ss brake hoses......the only thing he will need is your old hoses to copy......because he is usually making up hoses for Studebaker and Packard cars......but can make any hose up in braided ss if he is given a hose to copy. I replaced every hose on my Avanti, including the oil pressure gauge hose.......absolutely beautiful work and beautiful super quality hose.

hm, I may have to do that for the Continental this winter. The center brake hose seems to be impossible to find an exact match for. I really don't care if its SS or not, I just want one that isn't 30 year old cracked rubber. All of the replacements show 2 different size lines, my car has both lines the same size.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Could he make some for the front big brake upgrade

Comment

Elias, if you send him a hose he will copy it.....you just have to be able to remove and send, from a car not used for daily transportation.
        Originally posted by Elias View Post
        Could he make some for the front big brake upgrade

Comment

I was checking at my work ad found some that would work on a panther but damn if I can remember from what. Maybe a Fox mustang. God I need to write things down when I find them.

Tim
          2000 Ford Crown Victoria
          84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
          85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
          89 Lincoln town car: RIP
          89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
          1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
          2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Do you know how much he charges?
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

You would have to e-mail him and he will get back to you.
              Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
              Do you know how much he charges?

Comment

diskbrake1@comcast.net
                Jim Turner...Turner brakes.

Comment

I checked a couple day ago. My 85 Crown vic can use the SS brake lines from a 86 Mustang. both front and back crossover to a LTD.

Tim
                  2000 Ford Crown Victoria
                  84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
                  85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
                  89 Lincoln town car: RIP
                  89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
                  1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
                  1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
                  2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

Originally posted by over2tonsofFun View Post
                    I checked a couple day ago. My 85 Crown vic can use the SS brake lines from a 86 Mustang. both front and back crossover to a LTD.

Tim
                    Careful with the LTD, 1983-1986 LTD isn’t a Panther. Gotta love Ford and their lack of creative names. Not saying it won’t work, but verify the application is a LTD Crown Vic and not just an LTD.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                    X