Marauder engine problems ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marauder engine problems ?

I have a MGM LS with buckets & a CV Sport , There are 2 marauders on my Craigslist . Do they have a weak spot ? They sure are nice .

I haven’t had problems with mine yet but i hear the timing chain guides tend to ware out and could cause a big engine problem if not fixed and the heating issue on the heads that can be fixed with the head cooling mod

Comment

To be fair though, timing chain guides is something that also affects the 2v motors.

Comment

I don't have an answer, but you'd probably find more Marauder-specific knowledge at mercurymarauder.net. Not that its my goal to direct people away from here, but there are a lot more Marauder owners there vs here. I think we've got four or five here total, and not all of them are regulars.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Buick8 View Post
          I have a MGM LS with buckets & a CV Sport , There are 2 marauders on my Craigslist . Do they have a weak spot ? They sure are nice .
          To clarify . My wife says I don't explain good . I,ll Try again . There are 5 Marauders on my craigslist , 2 say they need engines . Strange ????

Comment

it is like anything else. Some are good and run for 100's of kmiles others need the guides replaced. If you supercharge I would sure recommend the cooling mod. I am sure it would not hurt on general principals. Believe it or not some folks actually push these engines hard when they drive them.

Certainly the marauder site is a bastion of specific knowledge.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Many of the people who own Marauders abuse the heck out of them. They are still racing them instead of taking care of them. Marauders are getting old now and can't be treated like when new. The have a good following, I would love to have a nice one. Really nice ones are still pulling 12-14K.

Comment

4v motors have a lot more junk moving around inside them and also rev a bit higher so i suppose it makes sense they might wear a bit quicker. I drove the ever-loving shit out of my '98 p71 and it never gave me any trouble. Again though, more power=more wear. Couple that with assholes that beat on their cars but don't necessarily maintain them very well and the result is fairly predictable. The beauty of it is that being as old as they are, it's not hard to get a motor for them, so if you can scoop up a cheap deal on a decent-otherwise marauder, whack a motor in and away you go! I still kinda want one but the need has faded a bit with time.

Comment

pshaw. drive it like you stole it. If it breaks, repair it.

Comment

Working...
                  X