Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do not have the heart to put this on NYC streets, wish I had a home with garage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not have the heart to put this on NYC streets, wish I had a home with garage!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Mercur...dbU~B4&vxp=mtr

C'mon TL! Thought you had higher standards?!

That car has lived a hard life and would be perfectly fine on the streets if the price was where it should be, $2,500. Looks to have been hit on the front right and repaired due to the panel gap. Not to mention the lines out back don't line up right either. Interior looks faded & sad so it's probably sat outside and someone gave it a cosmetic refresh. Engine was also painted red. Don't know what that means other than it's probably been out & redneck Rick'em'd. No thanks.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

If only it was an 86.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I will have to try and get one of these Marti Reports once.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Dave save your money, the one from Ford is way more complete with info the Marti does not have!
          Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          I will have to try and get one of these Marti Reports once.

Comment

The Marti will give you pretty much the same in terms of the option list as the Ford one (do they still offer that??) but the Ford one won't give the production data. I have one for the Mark VII around somewhere. Tells me what it came with, and what date it was made. They used to offer it for free but its been a bunch of years now.

I keep thinking of getting a Marti for the Conti just for some hard data on how many exist with that engine.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do eeet. I have one for the Town Car. Pretty neat. Did not know mine was a custom ordered car or that it is 1/43 ordered with that color combo & top. I have yet to see another '88 or even '85-'89 that is black with tan (sandalwood?) interior.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thain, yes they do! They show everything it came with and number made. Click image for larger version

Name:	11-14-2014 12;51;46 PM  Ford Build Sheet.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1284652
                Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                The Marti will give you pretty much the same in terms of the option list as the Ford one (do they still offer that??) but the Ford one won't give the production data. I have one for the Mark VII around somewhere. Tells me what it came with, and what date it was made. They used to offer it for free but its been a bunch of years now.

I keep thinking of getting a Marti for the Conti just for some hard data on how many exist with that engine.

Comment

what I mean is it won't give you X number of cars total, Y with that option, Z with that option, etc, etc, etc to tell you that you have one of 17 cars ever made with that specific combination of stuff. Its just production totals for the year and model.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X