Front Door Weatherstrip Seal Driver's Side 1989 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Door Weatherstrip Seal Driver's Side 1989 Grand Marquis

I am looking for a drivers front door weatherstrip seal for my 1989 MGM. Part number is: E8AZ-5420709-A I would like a NOS if there are any still left out there. I have been Googling it and checking on E-Bay but nobody out there has one. But I would buy a used one in great shape, with no cracks or pealing a part. The yards where I live don't keep cars over 15 years old in them. The seal I have has a piece missing and when I traveling 75 mph down the interstate my ears pop.

Thanks,

SDC71

What Pete & I did was take two seals which were bad. My original I cut off the bad parts. The replacement I cut a good section out to replace the removed section of original gasket. It does not have to be from the same part of the door. The gaskets are soft and will conform. After they have been in place for some time you could glue the ends together. But i just made the seams on the bottom so it was not necessary.

Result- Wind noise gone.

Jay
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I found a nos Ford seal with a 1985 part number. E5AZ-5420709-A. Question is if it will fit a 89 ? It might/should but for the price, I would be sure. Ebay 222717624116 $115.94 OBO + ship. 4 available.

Comment

It should. I doubt the doors had any major changes from 1985-1989.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

relatively sure the door and door frame did not change through the entire run.

The other option is you DIY with common bulk gasket material. The only part thats really tricky is the corner. I've also bulked up flat but not damaged seals with vacuum hose before. The ones on my Mark VII have been repaired that way. Its kind of a pain snaking vac line through a door seal but if you lube it and use a fish wire to pull it, its not that awful.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

When I had my 1985 MGM and my 1989 MGM side by side I did not see any difference in the doors. I will double check with the local dealership on both part numbers and buy the one off E-Bay.

Thanks

Comment

This Ebay 222717624116 sale is for part number for this part is F5AZ-5420709-A that is for Grand Marquis 1992 and up. Thanks for checking.

Still looking for E8AZ-5420709-A

Comment

NOS Ford Parts Ltd shows some in stock https://nospartsltd.com/product/e8az5420709a/

I have purchased NOS items from them before and have been pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by MattDoscher View Post
                  NOS Ford Parts Ltd shows some in stock https://nospartsltd.com/product/e8az5420709a/

I have purchased NOS items from them before and have been pleased.
                  I tried them today but they are out also. But thanks for the info.

Comment

Every once in a while a car with really good rubber bits shows up in a junkyard...it does happen. This is probably the best option balancing cost, availability and proper fit.

I'm not sure that I'd trust NOS weatherstrip parts at this point, I suspect they'd look pretty good but be prone to tearing or splitting more easily than a good condition used one. But this largely comes down to the rubber composition and I'm not sure exactly how that works. The originals in our cars last a ridiculously long time when you think about it.

Worth noting that you can't just "cut out a good section" in all places. There is added foam filler inside the seal in a couple spots to make it puffier, specifically just below the window sill line. It's otherwise a viable plan as long as you keep that in mind.

Current driver: Ranger
                    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                    | 88 TC | 91 GM
                    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...=weather+strip soft seal is-mw 00100 is what i used for the front door

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                        I'm not sure that I'd trust NOS weatherstrip parts at this point, I suspect they'd look pretty good but be prone to tearing or splitting more easily than a good condition used one.
                        I spent over a hundred bucks for one window channel weatherstripping (NOS ford) for my CV. Within a year it had spit. It was very hard and dry from the get go. I was not happy.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X