Has anyone replaced the carpet with new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone replaced the carpet with new

the carpet is done for in the LSS.....rust stains (cause i left cast iron in the back seat and the floor mats were missing?) and mouse damage.
    has anyone bought and installed any aftermarket carpeting recently?
    wondering how it fits and if there were any problems.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

The ACC floor mats I got for the Continental fit nice, but you probably want the plushier carpet. I got samples and the regular stuff is like the cheap carpet mats you can get at the store. The plusher stuff is a lot closer to OE rug. Can't comment on whole-car carpet fitment though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have not been happy with whole car carpet from ACC. Just does not fit right. I have returned two sets. One set when put inside,would need allot of trimming which I was not going to do. I agree that if you buy from them, get the upgraded stuff. It is equal or less than the oem carpet.
      Hate to say this but the best was finding really nice used carpet in the junk yard and pressure wash it after scrubbing it with cleaner.
      The other was finding nos carpet which I have for one of the Lincolns.

Comment

I have had similar experiences with ACC. No matter the amount of jute padding, it did not fit right. Has anyone ever used other, non automotive branded carpets? I need to replace the carpet in my barge and was pondering this.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Hmm ACC fit well in my Maverick, seems to be holding up, but different car
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I have ACC in my 85'. It fit nicely. It did require trimming on the sides and holes punched for seat bolts as will all aftermarket automotive carpet. I am actually glad they left extra that needed to be trimmed.

Comment

The key to fitting an aftermarket carpet is trimming, and a little bit of heat.

I changed the carpet in my silver '07 P71 SAP with a mass backed piece from ACC, purchased through Rock Auto. Very reasonably priced; $140?

I laid it out on the floor for a couple weeks, and on the day of install, put it out in the sun (July time frame). I would say I cut close to 18" from the front part of it to get it to fit right; there is ALOT of extra material. A lot of removal and testing, but ultimately I thought the fit was very good (it wasn't "factory" and perfectly formed, but it was far from wrinkly, etc). I punched the seat bolt/ belt holes, and had no complaints. The carpet itself is good quality, and their mats are just as nice.

I use a heat gun to help mold the mass backing material in certain areas, and I also use my steam carpet extractor when required.

I also put an ACC rug in my '75 highboy, also sourced from RA. Same experience, although I thought that rug fit as good as factory after trimming.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I do think putting it in the hot sun for a few days helps. The last disappointment from ACC was for my 75 Ford. I ordered the factory equal loop pile, not the high end stuff. My old carpet was kept as the new stuff was so bad. The standard ACC carpet was so thin. The fitment over the hump was horrible. If you do use the ACC, try to keep the factory backing from your old carpet and spray glue it on where needed. It helps with the fitment.

Comment

Working...
                X