A/C not blowing as cold as it should

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Could be anywhere. I've had a lot of trouble with leaks at the charge ports, but any connection points are a possible issue. I've replaced a condenser in my Towncar, John has done several evaporators. I once had a compressor lose a shaft seal. Basically it depends, you just have to seek and destroy the leak.
    This... everything has been replaced on my 93 except the evap and hoses (oddly enough). This includes all the seals.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, I guess I could suspect the charge pots (Schroeder valves) but with he dye going in it, it will almost always be covered in the dye regardless.
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

have to wipe them off after charging with the dye. If more comes out, then you know.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Figure out when you want me to look at it, Andrew.

Comment

You may have a partially plugged radiator and that will make the exchange of hot air for cold air inefficent so if you have minerals in your tap water it will plug the radiator. I had a simmiler problem I just changed the radiator and it is problem solved.

Comment

John, I will.

Rodent Killer, do you mean the condenser or did you really mean radiator?
              "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
              -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
              -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
              -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
              X