PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Marq from the Czech Republic

If I decide to use BBK shorty headers - these: https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...ions/year/1987, is there any issue with space between the engine and front axle/frame or they will fit?

The ones that come closest are the equal length shorties, they come close to the steering shaft.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

I post a lot...

I am running stock Mustang headers on the '91 and UNequal length BBK'S on the '87. They were installed years ago. I do not recall any issues with either install.

The 91 is a mostly stock HO, the stock 1 1/2" headers are well matched for low RPM.

The 87 is highly modified, I think you would lose low end torque with 1 5/8" pipes on a basically stock HO. So be realistic in what you are assembling.

Keep in mind that a system that is well matched will perform better than a bunch of "trick" parts that are just thrown together.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars, Dead AOD.....
    '91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12