Grand Marq from the Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    If you decide to modify the engine, i have a BBK SSI intake manifold that i would be happy to donate if somebody can figure out shipping to CZ. By the by, you folks make great firearms. I have a vz58 and i love it!
    Thank you very much for the offer. The intake is used with the EFI or is for the carb conversion? What else is necessary if you want to use it?

Btw. a pair of Lincoln logs is in your inventory too? Im looking for them, but still no luck

vz58 is goog piece of iron, itīs usually nicknamed "kosa" here, means "the scythe". Check the Skorpion mini submachine gun, Im pretty sure you will love it

Comment

The BBK intake is for EFI and the upper is reversible so it would be a good fit for a panther. I definitely would recommend using it on a modified HO engine though, as it would likely only rob power from a LoPo due to large plenum volume.

Regrettably i do not have any lincoln logs. I chose to use tubular headers and a modified mustang h-pipe, which is another option if you are able to source the parts.

I am familiar with the vz61 but have never had hands on one. They are a bit difficult to acquire, especially in california, and 7.65/32acp ammo is a bit expensive. I may get a vz52/57 if i can find one for the right price, and older CZ-made mausers may find their way into my collection at some point as well.

Comment

Tha car looks great with the shiny black wheels & raised white letter tires.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
          Tha car looks great with the shiny black wheels & raised white letter tires.
          Yes, I think so, thatīs why I put these wheels on it. They are dry-ice blasted and powder coated. The car looks now more rough or, letīs say more redneckish I have also set of original turbine wheels, but they are now just sitting in the garage

Comment

@ knucklehead0202
            I will see how far we will go with the mods. I would like to stay with my almost new custom duals, means I canīt use any other manifold than stock cast iron or the Lincoln logs.

Iīm able to source almost every part I need, Iīm using summit, rockauto, amazon. They ship to CZ without any problem, just the shipping costs are higher. I had 7 different american cars and still have two so I know the ways. Some parts I can buy directly in CZ because we have couple of companies importing cars and parts from US. But their prices are hell

Comment

If I decide to use BBK shorty headers - these: https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...ions/year/1987, is there any issue with space between the engine and front axle/frame or they will fit?

Comment

The ones that come closest are the equal length shorties, they come close to the steering shaft.
                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I am running stock Mustang headers on the '91 and UNequal length BBK'S on the '87. They were installed years ago. I do not recall any issues with either install.

The 91 is a mostly stock HO, the stock 1 1/2" headers are well matched for low RPM.

The 87 is highly modified, I think you would lose low end torque with 1 5/8" pipes on a basically stock HO. So be realistic in what you are assembling.

Keep in mind that a system that is well matched will perform better than a bunch of "trick" parts that are just thrown together.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

OK, I donīt want to lose low rpm torque, as this is the thing I love the most on the old american V8s.
                    The engine is non HO, so installing these headers without any other mods make no sense. Im just thinking how to dig some more HP from the engine, because once it will be disassembled, why not to put some better stuff there But maybe without HO conversion or other heavier mods it will be not possible

Another question. I need to order a new oil pan. On rockauto I found two possiblities, w oil level sensor hole and w/o oil level sensor hole. I think, when my car is a base model, I need the one without the hole, right?

Check these photos of the car, my colleague did them in our companyīs parking lot. I think he did a great work
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/151988...7694663416990/

Comment

I’m not a MGM expert, but all of them I have ever seen have the low oil light. If you have the light in your instrument cluster, and you have the sensor in the left side of the oil pan, get the new oil pan with provision for the sensor. Or you can delete it and use the other pan... the light won’t work but who really uses the check oil light anyway.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I have this base cluster, only with oil pressure light. Or is it for oil level too?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	40001257_991120147734096_512068120110694400_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1284544

Comment

That's pressure only.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So we finaly startedClick image for larger version

Name:	44306334_10210836820711410_7789015863805345792_o.jpg
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1284829Click image for larger version

Name:	44377336_10210836820591407_1093601439244091392_o.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1284830Click image for larger version

Name:	44203343_10210836819311375_7790988391960543232_o.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1284831

Comment

And I bought rustfree trunk lid. Here in Czech Republic, in Prague. For less than 50 bucks, a miracle

Comment

Really. I would have never thought you would have found that!
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X