Grand Marq from the Czech Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 score!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Have fun with your project.
      Nice garage!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Hell I can’t find body parts in Minnesota let alone rust free ones. How the hell did it end up there?

Comment

Hi after long time Last Saturday I purchased this rear end from burned LTD Crown Vic. I want to put it on my GM. The guy I got it from told me this is LSD. I didn´t open it yet. So what you think I have? If this rear end has different diff ratio, will it cause issues with transmission?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	50910833_2217897605198408_4300275995836940288_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1285044Click image for larger version

Name:	50920338_680466909016152_63499480858624000_n.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1285045Click image for larger version

Name:	50822352_390880975018844_8444152917958590464_n.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1285046Click image for larger version

Name:	50822352_390880975018844_8444152917958590464_n.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1285046

Comment

The tag appears to say 2.73, which would indicate a 2.73 open differential. Could have had an LSD added but doubtful. At least you got a rear sway bar included.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Unless that's been replaced... it's an open diff. The tag would say 2L73 for a LSD.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Those rear swaybars are Police Interceptor/Cop car only and nigh unobtanium in the states. Take $100 off whatever you paid for that rear end just for including that awesome part.
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                  Those rear swaybars are Police Interceptor/Cop car only and nigh unobtanium in the states. Take $100 off whatever you paid for that rear end just for including that awesome part.
                  I paid equivalent of 70USD in local currency As far as I know, the car from which is this rear end taken was imported from Canada more than 20 years ago and before the front part burned (electrical issue) it was in very good condition.

Comment

Easiest way to tell if it's limited slip or not is to turn one axle. If the other side turns in the opposite direction, it's an open differential.
                    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                      Easiest way to tell if it's limited slip or not is to turn one axle. If the other side turns in the opposite direction, it's an open differential.
                      or a completely wasted LSD.

Comment

el_brujo, welcome to GrandMarq.net, and greets from Poland! This would make us neighbours, eh?
                        '00 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, Silver Frost, the "Sharona": runs, drives and currently with mods in progress
                        '96 Chrysler Grand Voyager LE 3.3 V6
                        "You obviously have not been introduced to the ASTM Guidance for Profanity Gauging of Technical Services, Addendum#1, American English to Polish Scale Conversion, by which a repair done at a rate of 35 kurwas per 5 minutes means normal performance."

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          or a completely wasted LSD.
                          Also a possibility.
                          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by SpitShine_PL View Post
                            el_brujo, welcome to GrandMarq.net, and greets from Poland! This would make us neighbours, eh?
                            Yeah, you are right

Comment

Howdy from Texas! Nice car. Lot of us of Czech descent here in Texas. Would like to see the motherland someday.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
                              Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
                              Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
                              NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

Originally posted by Smokestacklightnin View Post
                                Howdy from Texas! Nice car. Lot of us of Czech descent here in Texas. Would like to see the motherland someday.
                                Howdy to Texas I know there is a lot of people with Czech roots there. Last February i was travelling around Texas for three weeks, nice trip, nice people. The air tickets aren´t so expensive, so go for them and visit CZ. You can see lots of cool stuff here. And maybe you will see some boxy Panther on the road

Comment

Working...
                                X