No announcement yet.

2000 GM Restore and Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 8 months, 3 warranty claims and 5 transmission shipments, the build is now finally making progress. Transmission and 3200-3500 stall, Flexplate w/ ARP bolts, deeper trans pan and external cooler, Scangauge II, aluminum driveshaft and spacer are all done and installed. Car is at the local performance shop getting the 4.10s and mini spool installed. Will be picking that up Wednesday and heading straight to the exhaust shop to have the H-pipe and mufflers installed. Also had new tires, windshield, alternator and battery done while waiting on one of the transmissions. Coming along nicely.

Comment

Damn. You had a bad time huh? Transmission issues with the warranty claims?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Getting the proper unit or a functional unit was the problem.

Comment

Still shifts like its stock while in drive so makes me believe it is not what it is supposed to be and manual shifting is not much better but the high stall helps. Just going to keep moving forward and deal with it when the time comes. Will bring it to a different builder at that time.

Comment

You'll need to get a tune to change the shifting on that transmission since the computer controls the shifting. J-MOD'd valve body will also help.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I shouldn't have to j-mod a "built" transmission. But again, I know I got hosed on that. Lesson Learned.

Comment

No more holes. No more rusty roof.

Click image for larger version

Name:	door1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1287418 Click image for larger version

Name:	door2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1287419 Click image for larger version

Name:	roof.png