No announcement yet.

Tanner's 88 Grand Marquis LS "the walking dead panther"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, it involves removing the hanger and then re-mounting the hanger to the hitch, I think. Something like that. No actual pipe interference. Only late model whales I think.

Though, I do see what you mean and suspect the hitch cannot be used at all on a dual exhaust wagon. I just don't see how you could do it without needing to alter the pipe routing.

There was something about spacer shims needing to be added for box Town Cars after the restyle (85), but it's still the same actual hitch used.

Current driver: wagon
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

Spacer shims are for leveling. I used them to level a toilet.

The curt hitch I have drops down the inside of the frame rail, so remounting the hanger isn't required. Shimming the hanger out some for clearance may be needed, but that would be it.

Same exact hitch is what I put on my 93 and the 88 Mad Marquis. The only real difference in the frame between the box and aeros is the frame end tie in plate and rear sway bar mount.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I just found this photo of my car before the "walking dead" transformation with my 87's spare turbine wheels set.

1987 Colony Park LS wagon
        1988 Grand marquis LS sedan

Comment

Yes I did it !
          LSD diff swap done
          It was a nice experience to do that, around 3 hours of labor, the only difficult things was to remove the drums on the rear brakes , I also installed brand new clutch plates, I used Lucas 75w90 oil with ford XL3 additive
          now I just have to wait from the winter to feel how it works

1987 Colony Park LS wagon
          1988 Grand marquis LS sedan

Comment

Working...
          X