PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The MEG (My 86 LTD Crown Victoria Coupe)

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Yay. I was wondering what was going on. Haven't heard from you lately.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Saw that I never updated this page. I apologize. I did take pictures I think. Gotta go through the phone and find them. I've been trying to track down an issue with what I thought was a problem with the tune. The car would feel like I was driving around with the parking brake on. It would backfire through the intake. And when it was cold, forget about it. It would stutter and miss like a sonuvabitch. On a gut feeling I determined it was a spark/timing issue. Verified base timing. Still at 10btdc. Turned out to be a bad TFI module. Ripped the motorcraft module off the distributor that was on Blue's motor. And installed it. It runs like a raped ape. Even more power than it originally had! I need to get it out to the dragstrip before they close down for the season. I tried to go last Tuesday, but unfortunately it was raining all day.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Gone! But Parts from it will live on in others!

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

stupid ignition module. Where was the bad one from, a new purchase or just whatever came on the distributor?

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Nice. Make sure to toss that TFI so not to go through this issue again with any of your other windsor motors.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I got the pleasure of driving "the Meg" the other day. Fun car to drive, with lots of mid range and top end power, but decent low end grunt too. Great throttle response and easy cruising. Handles well around the corners (going to be a beast with stiffer springs). Johns tuner thinks the current stock shift points are fine, but it felt like she had more in her than that. I really want to see what she'll do at the strip, so I will probably be going with John if I can.
    -Phil

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, Edelbrock 1906 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, Baumann Shift Kit, Big brake swap, rear discs, HO intake/TB, custom exhaust.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123