Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MEG (My 86 LTD Crown Victoria Coupe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car should be named "Frankie" since it is a real Frankenstein car. Takes real creativity to get all those parts from different makes and models to "play together". In short - N-I-C-E!!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

you know I could have just turned the threads off the sensor instead of having to freehand it on a grinder.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's freakin awesome!!!

Comment

Really cool!!! Thanks for sharing the video!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Glad to see you on your feet again. Everything is looking great!
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I finally got around to doing the ABS install in the coupe. Which was just a matter of swapping the master and booster, mounting the abs unit, running new brake lines. The car has been prewired for ABS since I swapped in the underhood fuse box from the 2000 Grand marquis. But I wanted the 2001 abs unit due to how they're oriented on the frame. So I had to swap the connector and add a few pins. In my oversight I found that the earlier units used a 12v signal to disable traction control. The 01 used ground side. Bleeding the brakes is simple. It only requires the use of a compatible scantool or forscan. Bleeding can be done by yourself. Anywho, I'll post pictures soon enough. I will say that the system works well. And even the traction control feature works with the 351w.

Comment

So did you have to run a relay to make the traction control disable work?
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                  So did you have to run a relay to make the traction control disable work?
                  No I just eliminated the 12v feed and grounded it instead.

Comment

I HATE bleeding brakes! It's one of those tasks (along with body work) that I will gladly shell out $$$$ to have somebody else do for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X