Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MEG (My 86 LTD Crown Victoria Coupe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Dude, I want it if the rot isn't so bad on the floor pans & frame! Asking price? Pics? PM me? Might be a next year thing, still trying to recoup from new roof & car repairs..
    It'll need floor and cab corners. Fenders and such. Needs tires. Frame is fine. Front end was rebuilt a year before it was parked. Clutch was done too. Sat for about 8 years. But will start with gas on the feed line of the fuel pump. Come and get it or it's getting scrapped lol.

Comment

Well shit, for free I think it's hard to turn down. How much time do I have?
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Awesome CV!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it

Comment

Great buy! Were any service records included?
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Comment

Sounds mean. Leave it as is. Just secure the h pipe so it does not put stress on the headers.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice AC compressor bracket

Sounds good. Shame the trans went TU that quick. What cam is in there? Not nearly as lumpy as the one on my Towncar. I like it.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Nice AC compressor bracket

Sounds good. Shame the trans went TU that quick. What cam is in there? Not nearly as lumpy as the one on my Towncar. I like it.
                  Thanks Thain! I appreciate you're future thinking! And your help and time with setting up the valvetrain! And of course, modifying the tb for the linkage.
                  XE270HR.

Dave, it's obnoxious. It will be getting a full exhaust after it's got a good transmission.

As for a transmission, it will be getting the AOD that came out of Vicky. Before that though, I will be pulling apart the original trans to see what happened. Fluid does not smell burnt. It was shifting weirdly when I got the car. So maybe it was on it's way out? I'll be sure to update. As a precaution, I'm probably gonna install the performance direct driveshaft so that isn't a factor to fail after this is installed.

Comment

Now I wanna put a good exhaust on my car so my engine can breath and race you.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Good and healthy sounding without being too much.

Now all you need a white 86 wagon and you’ll have a triple play.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        Now I wanna put a good exhaust on my car so my engine can breath and race you.
                        ok
                        Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                        Good and healthy sounding without being too much.

Now all you need a white 86 wagon and you’ll have a triple play.
                        lol

Comment

Nice!!!

For the clock and radio, did you swap out the tint for red ones? Looks good.

Edit:
                          My friends '83 tudor's transmission did the same thing. Acted a little weird and then lost 3rd and OD. Fluid isn't burnt and pressure is good when we tested it. 1 & 2 and R shift fine without any issues. Still hasn't gotten it fixed though so no idea what caused it.
                          Last edited by slack; 06-16-2019, 04:07 AM.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

usually losing 3+4 is direct clutch or direct drum related. Thats the "other" typical fail method on the AOD if the OD band isn't the problem.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                              Nice!!!

For the clock and radio, did you swap out the tint for red ones? Looks good.

Edit:
                              My friends '83 tudor's transmission did the same thing. Acted a little weird and then lost 3rd and OD. Fluid isn't burnt and pressure is good when we tested it. 1 & 2 and R shift fine without any issues. Still hasn't gotten it fixed though so no idea what caused it.
                              I removed the green filter and substituted with red. The radio filter is from an 85 mustang.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              usually losing 3+4 is direct clutch or direct drum related. Thats the "other" typical fail method on the AOD if the OD band isn't the problem.
                              I was planning on driving it to work today to prepare for trans removal and disassembly. But as it turns out, it only now has first and reverse. That being said, I am going to have it towed to work.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!

Makes me want to take my sick days and put some serious time into my CV

Comment

Working...
                                X