Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MEG (My 86 LTD Crown Victoria Coupe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah, the fitment looks great- like it grew there.

Oh yeah? Think we might know the same guy haha. Let him know and then tell me his price, I'll have it.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      Yah, the fitment looks great- like it grew there.

Oh yeah? Think we might know the same guy haha. Let him know and then tell me his price, I'll have it.
      Just keep in mind, you're gonna need to mount a rear defrost switch somewhere. I also looked into a towncar eatc unit. But I'd need to put an actuator on the recirculation door as well. Then and I'd be limited to that ugly green display that they came with.

Comment

You mean an additional switch? Why is that necessary? Just wondering since I've never looked into one of the roundy whale things ever. Guess I'll just keep my Townie factory until the new sensor I installed several years ago craps. Then I'll look into this swap, it's pretty damn neat.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          You mean an additional switch? Why is that necessary? Just wondering since I've never looked into one of the roundy whale things ever. Guess I'll just keep my Townie factory until the new sensor I installed several years ago craps. Then I'll look into this swap, it's pretty damn neat.
          Because theres no control for rear defrost on the EATC unit. Unfortunately

Comment

The defrost switch in the stock setup lives in the climate control bezel. It gets the boot if you replace it with newfangled digimagic stuff.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Definitely an easier swap into a '90-'91 box.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Oooh yeah, duh. It's been awhile since I've seen my Town Car.

Comment

https://youtu.be/kgTjepoZSlE

Comment

Nice work John. Everything is looking amazing.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

+1 Noice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

AOD 3 has checked out. 4R70W and OBD-2 swap has now been expedited. Got a few things to fab up. Phil may be helping me this weekend on modding the trans crossmember to move it back an inch. The 4R from bellhousing to center of mount, is exactly 1 inch longer than an AOD. I have made up some modified shift linkage that should work with the throw of the stock box shifter. It's all assuming that the manual lever on the new trans is the correct variant. Other than that, the driveshaft will need to be shortened. I will probably utilize either the 92's aluminum shaft or I might have a P71 shaft to have modified. Pics to follow. I will try to keep updated.

Comment

You should have enough room on the frame ears that currently hold the trans member to shift it back and inch and redrill the two mounting holes.
                          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            You should have enough room on the frame ears that currently hold the trans member to shift it back and inch and redrill the two mounting holes.
                            It's not enough. I have to notch the 2 rear corners. Then I can drill new holes in the frame section. It won't be a big deal. Is just effort. Eric is potentially delivering the trans this Friday. So that'll be one big piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Oh okay. I know the t-5 pushed the trans mount back some in my car. Guess it was under that inch mark you are running into as I dont recall needing to notch the perch for the trans crossmember when I did this two years ago. Good luck.
                              ~David~

Comment

The custom coil mount brackets may be the most difficult thing to fab up. I was worried the crossmember would require more modification than it does need.
                                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X