Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning bell of "lights on" doesn't stop! (87 colony Park)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive left head lights on when my car had the stock dinger. It was so low I could never hear it. I installed a buzzer and love the annoying buzz I get from it.

I have a random clip of my cars buzzer in action....the sole purpose of the clip was to show someone what noise the car door makes while the window is all the way down...

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Ive left head lights on when my car had the stock dinger. It was so low I could never hear it. I installed a buzzer and love the annoying buzz I get from it.

I have a random clip of my cars buzzer in action....the sole purpose of the clip was to show someone what noise the car door makes while the window is all the way down...

I had the same problem in my car. I originally found a few replacement chimes at a yard before I went the same route as you and installed the old-school buzzer. I definitely prefer the sound.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

When the chime is beginning to fail in the way repaired by replacing the foam, it gets quieter progressively until it is almost totally inaudible.

When in good working order the chime is louder than the buzzer. I specifically swapped the buzzer out of my Ranger in favour of a Panther-sourced dinger chime because the buzz is so incredibly irritating.

On the flip side, so is the chime, so there's no real winning here.

Current driver: Ranger
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Those chimes age like fine wine. Eventually they go silent, which is the pinnacle of function.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X