Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted A connector from a harness

Hi,

I am actually looking for 2 connectors with at least 6-8" of wire on one either side. That is 1 set of male & Female.

They are round with round pins and sockets.

With 4 wires I see in 03 & 04 they are used to connect the front turn signals probably the same on many years.

I believe the temp sensor connector and the wheel speed sensor connectors are also the same but with only two wires.

They are just basic round connectors and appear in many places. I want to use them in an LCM bypass for turn signals. So it does not matter where or what ford they come from.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180820_145616[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1304615Click image for larger version

Name:	20180820_145209[1].jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1304616
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jaywish; 08-20-2018, 03:15 PM.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

[never mind, I posted to grab an o2 sensor harness connector at a yard, and I see now thats exactly the connector you have pictured, and probably not going to a yard anytime soon]

Alex.

Comment

The connectors for stock distributors in remote mount TFI applications ('92+ trucks and various cars of earlier years) might be ideal. They are round 8 pin connectors and easy to get at. Although only 5 or 7 of the 8 pins are usually populated (depending on the donar vehicle).

Edit: I think I misread and for some reason thought you were looking for 8 pin.
      Last edited by VicCrownVic; 08-20-2018, 06:25 PM.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS S631 {#1U2Z14S411KA, 927081} Info One of our most popular parts
        Gray; 4 Term. Female
        <

Comment

I didn't think of that. I have been going through the online catalogue and they have many plugs and sockets. The selection tools are great. You can get it down to ford pin type + number of terminals and the various male/femeale options within that. The hard part is finding a correctly mating plug and socket. I think i will have to call customer service as I think I found a set but one half is very expensive ($38) & the other half I have not found on the interweb.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Since you are running around anyway, why not pay a visit to an autowreckers? Getting an o2 harness won't be difficult, or for that matter finding something else under the hood with at least 4 wires.

Alex.

Comment

I might get to Amparo the Bronx. They might cut something out if they are done and sending it to scrap. No u-pick around here. Taurus type cars might have these also so that might help. Maybe Joe's in Mt Vernon. Though they never wanted to cut harness'sss before.
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Well I got a parting gift form an old yard. Joe's in Mt. Vernon. I had been going there for over 40 yrs. They used to be a typical city yard. Cars piled 3 high with aisles between them. They would sit for a long while getting parted then eventually go to scrap. Some time ago they had to stop customers from working in the yard which made the small stuff hard. They would pull fenders engines and general stuff.

The place finally sold and now it is a scrap yard. No piles of cars. They are cut and scrapped as fast as they can. I didn't know this so I wandered into the yard by a work gate observed the situation and saw they were killing 3 cars. The one in front was a Continental with a broken turn signal and a smashed fiberglass fender. So I walk straight to the car, lift the fender & see the connector. Then I get the "Hey you" from a woman. Explain the situation she said cut it out. The owner said take it. I was then told don't ever enter the yard again as the have had repeaters arrested for trespass.

So anyway I got a connector. Now I have to figure how to pill the pins.

Do you pull the red bars in the center to release them or do you use a pin tool?
                Only got one set of connectors so I don't want to screw it up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180822_170643[1].jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	1284536
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

small needle nose or dental pick to pull the red centers out and then a small flat (1 to 1.6mm) screwdriver or pin tool to release the plastic clips and remove the pins.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                  X