New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy

Hey guys, Im on a few mustang forums and Im also on crownvic.net (85ltdcrownvic) but its broken and I just got an 87 mgm recently so I thought Id join. I already see a few familiar names from crownvic.net.

Welcome
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome. Lots of box love over here on GMN.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Lots of box love here. Good to see more box people joining, too. Welcome! Need a thread on your car(s).
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Welcome!

The way I understand it is many of the box guys ended up coming over here. I've only ever been here though.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Thanks guys, yes cvn imploded so we all had to go elsewhere lol but now that I have an mgm I thought why not join. I first joined when I had my 85 ltd and needed help with cfi (pretty much the reason I sold it) then I bought a 98 p71 and now this. Ill definitely post something about all of then but first I have a tech thread Id about to make for my mgm. Thanks again!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with rebuilding your car.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I am one of 2 known CFI defectors! Other guy (who I will let name himself) knows a lot more about them than I do and is pretty much the resident expert now but there are others who hate it, yet are knowledgeable with the system. I secretly hope to own another CFI car, I'd like it to be an '85 Town Car but that was the year the front & rear clip changed so '84 it is. But an '85 2 door Crown Victoria would be just the ticket.

What happened to CVN? I'm only on this site and GMT400 for my GM truck trash.

Comment

Welcome, that's a name I recognize.

CVN blew up because the company which bought it and maintains it performed some upgrade/maintenance work that went poorly and (as far as I can tell) rather than rolling things back to a happy place, have left it thoroughly broken for months now. The site is literally not usable; you can't view posts made since the problems started.

That's a subjective view based partially on facts stated by those in charge and partially on my own observations; I've likely missed a detail or two.

Current driver: wagon
                  Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                  | 88 TC | 91 GM
                  Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                  Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                  | Junkyards

Comment

Oh, so he wasn't kidding haha. I figured maybe there were a lot of tools on there or something. Seem to be a lot of 'em on GMT400.

Ah well you're certainly posted a lot about that set-up specifically and are the only member which DD's one. That gives you the credibility in my book. Any information is knowledge though, I don't mean to discredit anyone else. But it's nice to longer hear the fix for CFI being something along the lines of "Put it in the trash."

Comment

Hey Kishy, I remember you too! Lol

Yea I had an 85 with cfi and the biggest problem was that the po didnt do anything to that car so when I got it it was rusty and didnt run well. I did a tuneup and disabled the fast idle cam because the choke cap was broken so sometimes it would get caught and stick in high idle. Not to mention the tv bushing was long gone, thank god it had a tv rod so it stayed in place somewhat. But after all that it ran well except for the occassional classic cfi rolling idle. I have a whole thread on fordforums under my 85ltdcrownvic username in the diy section where Im a mod if anyone is interested.

As far as cvn, Im not going to smack talk them its not the members but the owners.

Comment

Derek, you may have slightly missed how I meant that lol. I was saying I didn't necessarily have all the facts on the CVN debacle, not CFI. At this point, keeping an eye on my own humility, I am probably as qualified as anyone else to troubleshoot EEC-IV CFI. But it honestly isn't complicated. All of its issues come down to two core issues...electrical harness issues that happen to any car, and components not working within spec (such as the borrowed choke parts Ford chose to put on them, which was idiotic but functional). EEC-IV is EEC-IV, the basics apply to all EEC-IV systems.

Buuuuuutttttt...

Yeah, we're all on the same team: CVN members are victims of some management decisions. The new owners really dropped the ball by leaving it broken for so long. It will recover, simply because it's as old as time and huge, but first they need to fix it, and at least as of a couple days ago it definitely wasn't fixed yet.

Current driver: wagon
                        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                        | 88 TC | 91 GM
                        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

I checked the same day I opened an account here and yea its still not fixed. Hopefully soon itll be up and running. I used to pm 2468 all the time and wanted to say hi after so long but I cant still.

Comment

Oooh, yes, yes I did miss that. THought you were being humble and all that haha. You're right, but the work you've done recently is helping offset all the bashing the system got. Had I joined this forum before I got my '85, I probably wouldn't have bought it. It wasn't until after I bought that car, started having some trouble with it that I joined the forum or at least found out about it, and then my heart sank. Didn't see much positive stuff about it at all. And even though I got it to run as good as your '84 does, I was still happy to see it go and felt good about buying my '88 SEFI equipped Town Car. Like really good. Now I feel that if people stumble across your threads, they're less likely to be discouraged by the set up or throw their existing set-up in the trash. The fixes seem simple now, but for those struggling with them, it's enough to encourage the fated carburetor swap or at best, SEFI swap. Worst case being "sell the POS."

Comment

Probably won’t be fixed until October. IT is a bit slow. Good to see another guy jumping over here for a bit, at least
                              2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS “The Douche” - 70mm throttle body, P71 airbox, 21mm rear sway bay, dual exhaust, Dodge rims, 89K and counting. 4/2018-
                              1966 Ford Thunderbird (390FE) “Fordy McFordface” - engine rebuild No. 3. 11/2016-
                              RIP 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS “Jumba” - gone too soon, 229K. 6/2017-2/2018
                              RIP 2001 Chevrolet Tracker LT “Featherbrick” - gone too late, 156K POS. 6/2016-9/2016.
                              Sold 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - 198K. 6/2016-4/2018

Comment

Working...
                              X