"hot wire" for DRL's on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"hot wire" for DRL's on?

In regards to 1998 and 2004 CV's ... I want to install LED DRL's. Are there any "hot wires" to tap into to trigger a relay for the DRL's? I'm looking for an "engine running" or "transmission in gear" situation that automatically turns the DRL's on. Any info is appreciated.

I just use ECC relay to trigger a relay to power the ones I put on the Mad Marquis. You have to get more creative to get them to come on "in gear" though. Since there's not constant power to the NSS on the trans, it makes it hard to make an easy relay to trigger.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The wife’s S10 has DRLs (and auto headlights) that come on when the parking brake is released. Relays are magic voodoo that I hve never dig into, but I am sure it’s somehow possible to use the lack of continuity in the (released) parking brake circuit to voodoo magically make this happen.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
      X