WTB 3.73 gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 3.73 gears

gentlemeeeeeennnnn... im needing some gears. if any of you all got some or know the wherebouts, id be inclined to throw some dollars your way

just snagged a 28 spline trac-lok, so now i just need the gear set. im pulling the 3.08 open out of the 82 for (i believe) its first servicing in 175k lmao. let me know what you guys have to say. as always, thankyou in advance.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

3.73 gears will require the 23 tooth speedo gear. 3.55 would use the 21 tooth gear. From my experience, the 21 tooth gear does wear out, but takes a lot longer than the 23 tooth gear.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

this is in reference to the gear that the cable attaches to on the tranny? i should also mention this will have a t5 swap in the coming months, if i buy one for the AOD, will the speedo gear swap onto the t5?
      Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 08-27-2018, 12:41 PM.
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
        Gentlemeeeeeennnnn welcome back to the shop!
        There, I fixed it for you. (When said in AVE's voice that is.)

Doesn't the carrier matter? I know with GM trash you need a series III or whatever for ratios beyond 3.23 and such. Something like that. Are Fords the same way? If so, make sure you can fit 3.73's to it first...
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
          this is in reference to the gear that the cable attaches to on the tranny? i should also mention this will have a t5 swap in the coming months, if i buy one for the AOD, will the speedo gear swap onto the t5?
          Yes, the gear that goes on the speedo cable that drops into the trans. However, you will need a different gear for the T5. You will need to figure out if the t5 output shaft is a 6, 7, or 8 tooth for driving the speedo gear. The angle is a tad different on the manuals than on the automatics, so the auto one may work, but will get chewed up. The AOD in the panthers is an 8 tooth output shaft.

Calculator to help: https://lmr.com/products/Mustang-Spe...ear-Calculator

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Bump. Im still after a set

Comment

Working...
            X