PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Header opinions/option

Thats alot. Got mine custom made and welded from header to back for 220 with an universal x pipe from summitracing

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

nOT A FAN OF mustang H or X pipe they fit but they run real close to the trans and worried me about heating the trans fluid which could be an issue.

have used summits universal H pipe and some bungs for oxy sensor on several set ups. My exh guy here in town isnt to pricy but dosent like to do H or X pipes rather i purchase them.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    The BBK shorty headers I had on the lopo worked great. Only complaint is that the ceramic coating started coming off after 6 years. This is what they looked like when I pulled the engine a couple years ago.Attachment 50824
    were ever road crap can hit any coating it ends up like it gets sand blasted and rusts. One of my trucks has fender well headers would be a waist to have paied a bunch extra for ceramic coating.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Whenever my Fox H pipe fails, I plan to have an exhaust shop make me exhaust with factory bends but in a larger pipe size. It just fits better.

I had a set of stock shorty headers for a while that i had painted with the POR15 high temp paint. That held up very well. Not shiny, but it didn't get rusty. I'll take flat black over rust any day, and I've never been big on shiny shit under the hood anyway.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    Whenever my Fox H pipe fails, I plan to have an exhaust shop make me exhaust with factory bends but in a larger pipe size. It just fits better.

I had a set of stock shorty headers for a while that i had painted with the POR15 high temp paint. That held up very well. Not shiny, but it didn't get rusty. I'll take flat black over rust any day, and I've never been big on shiny shit under the hood anyway.
    What size pipe im think of going 2.25 or 2.5. Im not really a fan of shiny stuff just don’t want then to rust.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

probably depends what the shop can bend. 2.25 would be enough honestly.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

the crinkle bent 2.25 on my 93 necks down to 1-7/8 if not smaller in places. Not a big deal with stock exhaust manifolds, but if I were to put shorty headers on it, I would want to re-do the exhaust with mandrel bends.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12