Header opinions/option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elias View Post
    I guess just a little more throttly dont want it to sound like a rattle can or a drag car but im thinking’s since it’s going to have the headers and high flow cats might make it really loud. So the 3 chamber might be better also dont want it to be annoying on highway where most my driving is done. Didn’t you have magnaflow on yours sly
    On a lopo, nothing is going to make it really loud. My '90 had the headers, and off-road pipe, and moroso spiral-flo mufflers which are tiny, basically straight-through, and have no packing. I'd be looking more toward something that won't drone, so don't get chambered mufflers. Current car has factory duals with 2"x 22" glasspacks. Sounds pleasant with just a little burble and no drone.

Comment

When the Mad Marquis had a hole in the driver side cat (air injection tube weld broke... my cousin welded it back on), it was pretty loud and obnoxious. Nothing like an HO can be, but still. So they can be loud... You just have to bypass everything in the exhaust.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Get the quieter muffler, and get some cutouts when you want some volume.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Get the quieter muffler, and get some cutouts when you want some volume.
          So out of both muffler I posted which would be the quites one out of the two. Also what exactly is drone I never had my exhaust done before.

Comment

drone is the effect of resonant frequencies that at certain RPMs will just get very loud. Typically at around 1500-2k rpm and every multiple of it. But either side of that resonant frequency, it's tame. Usually this is from the exhaust being perfectly matched on either side. If it ends up being like that, simply adding some non-equal length plugged pipes off the exhaust before the mufflers (after the H/X pipe) will calm it down.

No clue which muffler would be louder. Might put in an inquiry with Magnaflow for that one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Curious is it worth removing the the smog pump since ima be doing the exhaust. The h pipe does have a little tube on it but should i get it welded shut

Comment

just delete the pipe to the cats for now. Work on getting the rest removed later.

You can also put in one of these diverter valves in place of the stock one until you remove the smog system. E1TE-9B289-GA https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Smog-A...0/323535649944

Or just take the check valve off the pipe and leave it connected to the diverter valve that's in there if it's noisy.

Comment

Only one muffler came in today Monday the other one will come. Hope it sounds good when done.
                  Attached Files

Comment

If i'm spending too much money on mufflers they're going to be spintech or the badass borlas. Just never been impressed with magnaflow. I know their quality is good but just never liked the sound.

Comment

I guess the only reason why im getting magnaflow is because of all the comercial and all the exhaust video is seen. And bye the way some how when i placed order only 1 muffler came in then a week later they sent 2 more so I really had 2 magnaflow mufflers worth 149 each so I returned one. So technically I payed 149 for 2 😂😂 if they charge me later o well if Not good for me.

Comment

Finally took everything off here is a few pics original exhaust was bad I didn’t notice that the down pipe cross over tube was completely gone and Y pipe was almost completely broken off. I used a flash light so y’all could see the cracks. Also guy I bought the h pipe i guess stuffed a extention down the cat air tube hahah guess ill leave it there and send it. Im excited cant wait to hear it. Also im going to be removing the smog pump since im there already do yall know the belt number that is recuired.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice! That's gonna be some fun when it's all together.

My exhaust lasted 9 years for the most part. The welded Summit muffs lasted 4 years before they rotted; the cats on my BBK H-pipe lasted 8 years before they separated themselves from the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            Nice! That's gonna be some fun when it's all together.

My exhaust lasted 9 years for the most part. The welded Summit muffs lasted 4 years before they rotted; the cats on my BBK H-pipe lasted 8 years before they separated themselves from the exhaust.

Hopefully mine last longer since im down south in Texas compared to up north where your at. Fingers crossed. Also started removing the smog stuff. I guess since its blocked of with carbon that mean it was already smog pump deleted.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hey op what are you gonna do with your old smog pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
                                Hopefully mine last longer since im down south in Texas compared to up north where your at. Fingers crossed. Also started removing the smog stuff. I guess since its blocked of with carbon that mean it was already smog pump deleted.
                                Just don't forget to plug those holes for real. If there's a carbon plug in there... the first time you romp on it, you'll get a sudden and very large exhaust leak.

Comment

Working...
                                X