PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Header opinions/option

Curious is it worth removing the the smog pump since ima be doing the exhaust. The h pipe does have a little tube on it but should i get it welded shut

just delete the pipe to the cats for now. Work on getting the rest removed later.

You can also put in one of these diverter valves in place of the stock one until you remove the smog system. E1TE-9B289-GA https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Smog-A...0/323535649944

Or just take the check valve off the pipe and leave it connected to the diverter valve that's in there if it's noisy.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Only one muffler came in today Monday the other one will come. Hope it sounds good when done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A1094AAC-0810-4797-9347-0D0AF534478D.jpg   A51F7A71-31FE-4188-ADA4-0BDD2FEC14EC.jpeg  

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

If i'm spending too much money on mufflers they're going to be spintech or the badass borlas. Just never been impressed with magnaflow. I know their quality is good but just never liked the sound.

I guess the only reason why im getting magnaflow is because of all the comercial and all the exhaust video is seen. And bye the way some how when i placed order only 1 muffler came in then a week later they sent 2 more so I really had 2 magnaflow mufflers worth 149 each so I returned one. So technically I payed 149 for 2 😂😂 if they charge me later o well if Not good for me.

Finally took everything off here is a few pics original exhaust was bad I didn’t notice that the down pipe cross over tube was completely gone and Y pipe was almost completely broken off. I used a flash light so y’all could see the cracks. Also guy I bought the h pipe i guess stuffed a extention down the cat air tube hahah guess ill leave it there and send it. Im excited cant wait to hear it. Also im going to be removing the smog pump since im there already do yall know the belt number that is recuired.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 65861F80-11DE-4156-99AC-6653B7D32E54.jpeg   0134381E-2024-4617-93BD-A58EF3FC763F.jpeg   C04F2840-5F6E-4BD4-8794-BA54AA41DC18.jpeg   84465155-2725-4FE8-BE0D-21D4DEDB630E.jpeg   D4E8C9FC-C064-4F6B-96D4-3406203916C4.jpeg  

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Nice! That's gonna be some fun when it's all together.

My exhaust lasted 9 years for the most part. The welded Summit muffs lasted 4 years before they rotted; the cats on my BBK H-pipe lasted 8 years before they separated themselves from the exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    Nice! That's gonna be some fun when it's all together.

My exhaust lasted 9 years for the most part. The welded Summit muffs lasted 4 years before they rotted; the cats on my BBK H-pipe lasted 8 years before they separated themselves from the exhaust.

Hopefully mine last longer since im down south in Texas compared to up north where your at. Fingers crossed. Also started removing the smog stuff. I guess since its blocked of with carbon that mean it was already smog pump deleted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B867DEF3-CF99-472A-B815-95ECB94A71C5.jpeg  

Hey op what are you gonna do with your old smog pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    Hopefully mine last longer since im down south in Texas compared to up north where your at. Fingers crossed. Also started removing the smog stuff. I guess since its blocked of with carbon that mean it was already smog pump deleted.
    Just don't forget to plug those holes for real. If there's a carbon plug in there... the first time you romp on it, you'll get a sudden and very large exhaust leak.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
    Hey op what are you gonna do with your old smog pump?

I don’t know yet if I remember right i think I bought it at Autozone and has lifetime warranty if u want i can get it exchanged and sell it to you.

How much? I dont need one for emissions really, just to make belt routing easier since Im trying to run ac.

I don’t know. I know there 200$ new how much are you willing to pay for it + shipping. Name price something reasonable.

I couldnt come anywhere near that unfortuneately, if I really needed a smog pump itd be a different story. I appreciate it though.

I couldnt come anywhere near that unfortuneately, if I really needed a smog pump itd be a different story. I appreciate it though.

Not saying give me 200. I said shot a offer you willing to pay plus shipping and its yours. 50$ plus shipping or something like that

Not saying give me 200. I said shot a offer you willing to pay plus shipping and its yours. 50$ plus shipping or something like that
    I see I didnt want to lowball you. What would shipping be to 34117?

I see I didnt want to lowball you. What would shipping be to 34117?

Not sure tomorrow ill swap it out then see how much it will be to ship shouldn’t be alot since its not that heavy

Not sure tomorrow ill swap it out then see how much it will be to ship shouldn’t be alot since its not that heavy
    Sounds good man. Do you use tapatalk? I dont know if its just because people dont answer but it seems like I wont get some pm’s through the site but I will get them through tapatalk.

Sounds good man. Do you use tapatalk? I dont know if its just because people dont answer but it seems like I wont get some pm’s through the site but I will get them through tapatalk.

No never used it don’t even know what it is

No never used it don’t even know what it is
    No worries then

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345