PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Header opinions/option

Thats alot. Got mine custom made and welded from header to back for 220 with an universal x pipe from summitracing

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

nOT A FAN OF mustang H or X pipe they fit but they run real close to the trans and worried me about heating the trans fluid which could be an issue.

have used summits universal H pipe and some bungs for oxy sensor on several set ups. My exh guy here in town isnt to pricy but dosent like to do H or X pipes rather i purchase them.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    The BBK shorty headers I had on the lopo worked great. Only complaint is that the ceramic coating started coming off after 6 years. This is what they looked like when I pulled the engine a couple years ago.Attachment 50824
    were ever road crap can hit any coating it ends up like it gets sand blasted and rusts. One of my trucks has fender well headers would be a waist to have paied a bunch extra for ceramic coating.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Whenever my Fox H pipe fails, I plan to have an exhaust shop make me exhaust with factory bends but in a larger pipe size. It just fits better.

I had a set of stock shorty headers for a while that i had painted with the POR15 high temp paint. That held up very well. Not shiny, but it didn't get rusty. I'll take flat black over rust any day, and I've never been big on shiny shit under the hood anyway.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    Whenever my Fox H pipe fails, I plan to have an exhaust shop make me exhaust with factory bends but in a larger pipe size. It just fits better.

I had a set of stock shorty headers for a while that i had painted with the POR15 high temp paint. That held up very well. Not shiny, but it didn't get rusty. I'll take flat black over rust any day, and I've never been big on shiny shit under the hood anyway.
    What size pipe im think of going 2.25 or 2.5. Im not really a fan of shiny stuff just don’t want then to rust.

probably depends what the shop can bend. 2.25 would be enough honestly.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

the crinkle bent 2.25 on my 93 necks down to 1-7/8 if not smaller in places. Not a big deal with stock exhaust manifolds, but if I were to put shorty headers on it, I would want to re-do the exhaust with mandrel bends.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Curious what size exhaust tips do y’all use. At first i was goona put the marauder tips on the 88 but after making my wife hold them up for 10 min they look to big. Could yall post pic of yours set up. Trying to get ideas

I use short 2.5 inch chrome dumps on the tips of the pipes out the back.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

2.5" downturns tucked so far up you have to climb under the car to find them is whats on my car. They end basically flush with the bottom of the rear bumper, essentially like stock would look.

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

I used Pypes 2.5" Trans Am splitters on mine.

I will post pics of the exhaust set up when I get to that point. Doug's headers (clear the bellhousing and look to be pointed in the right direction, we'll see), 3" exhaust piping (3" header collectors) including cats and cutouts; reduced down to 2.5" Dynomax Hemi Super Turbos (part# 17749); Impy tails and what's left of the Impy cat back that I got 12 years ago. ALso got Summit glasspacks to use as resonators in case the exhaust is too loud.

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    I used Pypes 2.5" Trans Am splitters on mine.

I will post pics of the exhaust set up when I get to that point. Doug's headers (clear the bellhousing and look to be pointed in the right direction, we'll see), 3" exhaust piping (3" header collectors) including cats and cutouts; reduced down to 2.5" Dynomax Hemi Super Turbos (part# 17749); Impy tails and what's left of the Impy cat back that I got 12 years ago. ALso got Summit glasspacks to use as resonators in case the exhaust is too loud.
    Man i was considering those tips! When i got mine done they basically cut 90s at the end and i hated it. There's like a weird turbulence that seems to swirl the exhaust back under the car and i smelled it constantly before i got cats put on it. Knowing it's still there bugs me and i've been examining tip options.

you'll have to have a bit of custom work done, but a set of mustang 5.0 headers and h-pipe will bolt up to your engine and chassis just fine. Its the back half of the car that's got to be different

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

you'll have to have a bit of custom work done, but a set of mustang 5.0 headers and h-pipe will bolt up to your engine and chassis just fine. Its the back half of the car that's got to be different
    Im going to go all custom with bbk shorty 2.25” h pipe with magnaflow muffler. Probably get no cats first and see how i like it. Most likely get highflow cats but not sure. And tips not sure yet i think im might go with thoses turndowns or maybe these wish they were longer like 16 inch. But I don’t think they make any that long

bigger is better over2tonsofFun's Avatar

I used a modified Jegs Cat back for the Impala SS on our 89 Town car. Once I start building my 2 dr I will be getting one for it, too.

Tim
    2000 Ford Crown Victoria
    84 Lincoln Town car signature, field find
    85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
    89 Lincoln town car: RIP
    89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
    2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

These things are super-stinky without cats. Otherwise i'd be totally happy to eschew them, but the stank.

Would high flow cat be enough to keep it from stinky

Should. And I tend to agree about the smell. Also honestly I have no opposition to reducing emissions. Call me a greenie hippie if you want but not pumping more crap into the air than necessary seems like a useful thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    Would high flow cat be enough to keep it from stinky
    Yes. The Mad Marquis also had high flow cats. They work.

Some 100 octane will make it smell better, no need for cats

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast