Header opinions/option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Exhaust that is as minimally visible as possible is my preference. Downturns that just clear the bottom of the bumper is just right. Mine don't even get down that far, though that wasn't entirely on purpose. Massive chrome pipes that look like they should be hanging drunkenly from the bottom of a half rotted out pickup with asspacks is NFG.
    ^^^This. I've been shopping tips for a while trying to find exactly what works. Considered the T/A tips that Packman has but again, want them tucked up. With my system they would likely be much higher up and might work, but i haven't made up my mind yet. Entire exhaust system is just sitting in the garage right now after i tore it off the other car. So depressing.

Comment

I think the only way to make exhaust tips really work on these cars would be to go through the trouble of adding exhaust cutouts to the bumper a-la Marauder.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
        I think the only way to make exhaust tips really work on these cars would be to go through the trouble of adding exhaust cutouts to the bumper a-la Marauder.
        You know what i was even thinking about that i bet it would look nice i love the way they it looks on my marauder. but dont want to ruin a bump

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
          ^^^This. I've been shopping tips for a while trying to find exactly what works. Considered the T/A tips that Packman has but again, want them tucked up. With my system they would likely be much higher up and might work, but i haven't made up my mind yet. Entire exhaust system is just sitting in the garage right now after i tore it off the other car. So depressing.
          When I originally installed the exhaust, I just hung the tailpipes. If I took the time, I would have cut some of the piping off to tuck them up a bit. And cut the piping back so the tips were closer to the rear tires; like the GTOs and Trans Ams back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
            You know what i was even thinking about that i bet it would look nice i love the way they it looks on my marauder. but dont want to ruin a bump
            You live in an area where you can pick up rust free bumpers easily. Id go for it. I think it would look awesome. Like those dodge trucks nowadays.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              You live in an area where you can pick up rust free bumpers easily. Id go for it. I think it would look awesome. Like those dodge trucks nowadays.
              The simplest thing would be to salvage a Dodge truck bumper, graft the cutouts into the panther bumper, and then have it re-chromed.

Only problem is box panther parts may be rust free down here, but they're actually difficult to come by. There are very few of these cars in the local yards. Not sure why that is.
              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

I'd guess it's because they're reliable cars that people don't junk if they're not rusted out and/or they've gone to people up north.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                  The simplest thing would be to salvage a Dodge truck bumper, graft the cutouts into the panther bumper, and then have it re-chromed.

Only problem is box panther parts may be rust free down here, but they're actually difficult to come by. There are very few of these cars in the local yards. Not sure why that is.
                  I like the idea. One could settle for paint as well. Would be significantly easier on the wallet. Wont have to worry about rock chips as compared to a painted front bumper.

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
                  I'd guess it's because they're reliable cars that people don't junk if they're not rusted out and/or they've gone to people up north.
                  Its either that or they are just older and not around anymore. I gotta say though I was very surprised with the quantity of box panthers available when I hit up the yards in San Antonio earlier this year....this is compared to what I see back here on the east coast up north.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

They're either still running around (like the Mad Marquis) or crushed. When they do pop up in the yards, they rarely last more than a couple of months (and maybe a week for the good parts). People hound those things like flies on shit. Not quite as badly as the hounding of LX sports for the Marauder clone crowd, but still.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Okay last question Do y’all know what the difference is between these 2 muffler other than price one says performance muffler is straight threw and the other say 3 chamber. Whats the difference Is one better than the other or is one lauder than the other.

Comment

One is a glass pack (straight through) and the other has baffles (chambered).
                        Here's a quick primer: https://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/...right-muffler/

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          One is a glass pack (straight through) and the other has baffles (chambered).
                          Here's a quick primer: https://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/...right-muffler/
                          So technically the 3 chamber should sound quiter than the other ones.

Comment

Maybe. What are you going for?

Comment

I guess just a little more throttly dont want it to sound like a rattle can or a drag car but im thinking’s since it’s going to have the headers and high flow cats might make it really loud. So the 3 chamber might be better also dont want it to be annoying on highway where most my driving is done. Didn’t you have magnaflow on yours sly

Comment

yeah... mine are glasspacks. I also have no drone because the pipes are shop crinkle bent and not exact mirror images of each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X