No announcement yet.

What Panthers Did You Find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we going to replace the heater core while you're in the dash?
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Here's a funny one. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/an...714061791.html
      Not a beauty but not the worst i've seen. What i find hilarious is that this riddler is gonna put a shitty LoPo in an old mustang. Boy will he be surprised!

Comment

I've seen that one. Something like that would be perfect for me since I'd just yank the engine and trans from one of my rust buckets and throw it in that.
        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
          Are we going to replace the heater core while you're in the dash?
          What mean "we", white man? Are you volunteering your services?

I have been contemplating the job as I'm not sure I trust a shop to do it without royally screwing up said job. If it rattles after, she's up for sale...
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

If you give me some notice, I could help you and Vic with that heater core. I have done one on my 2003 TC and 88 TC before. Not fun solo, but with three people....we can compare who gets the biggest scratch's when reaching into/grabbing the plenum.
            Last edited by Grand1; 10-10-2018, 12:30 PM.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Hahaha, alright. I'm sure there will be plenty of advanced notice, not something I'm looking forward to doing at all. While I'm there I should look into getting the CEL to work. I could definitely buy food & beverage to support the endeavor. Ashley also makes suburb apple pie and cookies.

Comment

'90+ is easy even alone. Although I hear if they have the rear seat vents it really complicates it without a second person. I'm not sure which is worse, '89- box dashes or newer stuff with rear seat vents.

Let us know in advance. You've helped me out plenty, it's only fair. We'll take plenty of pictures while disassembling.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I've seen that one. Something like that would be perfect for me since I'd just yank the engine and trans from one of my rust buckets and throw it in that.
                  Believe me if i had parking room there'd be a mess of half-dead panthers lying around in the knucklehead corral. Alas, i live southern california, where rust-free cars are plentiful and sometimes cheap, but real estate is fucking ridiculous. Ugh.

Comment

'90+ is easy even alone. Although I hear if they have the rear seat vents it really complicates it without a second person. I'm not sure which is worse, '89- box dashes or newer stuff with rear seat vents.

Let us know in advance. You've helped me out plenty, it's only fair. We'll take plenty of pictures while disassembling.
                    Thanks Vic, it sure is appreciated. I do not keep score, so forget about "fair"

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                    Believe me if i had parking room there'd be a mess of half-dead panthers lying around in the knucklehead corral. Alas, i live southern california, where rust-free cars are plentiful and sometimes cheap, but real estate is fucking ridiculous. Ugh.
                    Spoken like a responsible being.

Comment

Looks clean, what's the thing wrong with these, plastic intakes?

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/c...718435800.html

Beater for winter:
                      https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/c...718272381.html
                      Last edited by Grand1; 10-11-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Did some searching in the North East last night, but didn't get around to sharing.

'83 Colony Park in Maine. $1000. It's not great, but for $1k it looks good enough to be a DD.
                        I'm not sure WTF that hood ornament is though.
                        https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/1...718806490.html

'03 CV LX Sport in NH. Again, not great but good enough for a DD. Some cosmetic issues and what looks like a rot hole in the driver side fender. $2200
                        https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003...706944969.html

'90 CV in NH. Wish they had more than 3 pictures, but if it's in as good of shape as it looks $1500 is a great deal.
                        Two tone, looks like woodrose up top and medium woodrose, like The Scab, on the bottom.
                        https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990...718133960.html

'79 Mercury Marquis 2 door in MA. Looks really nice, but $7K?!
                        I think we may have seen this one before, or at least I think I've seen this ad before.
                        https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ct...717742504.html

'90 LTD CV in CT. Good enough to be a DD. I think I see some little rust bubbles on the fender by the wheel arch trim in the close up in front of the passenger side tire. At $600, it looks like a heck of a steal to me, even if it needs a turn signal lens and good headlights. It was posted almost a month ago though.
                        https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...699040124.html

Scott, I know next to nothing about Town Cars and the different trim levels and options. I'm not sure if this is a Signature Series. It's not quite mint but not bad I think. Needs the front passenger window motor pills replaced. Not terribly far from you and some of the other mangs either.
                        '86 LTC in CT east of New Haven near Guilford. Looks like a pretty good deal at $1800.
                        https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/...717931587.html

Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                          Looks clean, what's the thing wrong with these, plastic intakes?

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/c...718435800.html

Beater for winter:
                          https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/c...718272381.html
                          I'm not sure what year the plastic coolant crossover started on those intakes, but that is a nice looking TC there.
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Awesome finds ,Vic. Yes that 70s can be overpriced ...bought my barge for $800. I would snatch that$600 Vic up man! The location, can I do it? Can we do it?

Comment

I'm not sure what year the plastic coolant crossover started on those intakes, but that is a nice looking TC there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

What year was the last year on TC's for the older style interior, 1995? My cut off is 1990 for reasons I think you guys all know but of the two Lincolns you posted Mark, that would be the ticket. Just say no to Continentals.

That '86 LTC is pretty nice and yes, It's a Sig Series. Evident by the pillow seats, badging on the C pillar and stainless trim along the bottom. Although to me it's a "Do not buy" as it has a shitty aftermarket moonroof.

$7k is waaaay too much for that '79 but she's got options and looks great so fun to see. I also love that cinnabar '90 CV and '83 CP.

Comment

Working...
                                X