What Panthers Did You Find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Panthers Did You Find?

I've gotten into searching the depths of craigslist all over the nation and from time to time I come across some nice finds.

I was just throwing links in the shoutbox but they sometimes roll off the box too quick.

So I'll go first and post what I found.

In NM, an '84 TC that could nearly pass as the twin of Kishy's '84 TC (if it only had a Mark VI header panel installed. $2300
    https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/c...673660341.html

In AZ, what I believe is an '86 2 door CV. Someone could throw some HPPs on and make it 87gtVIC's doppelganger. $2000
    https://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/d/...679993094.html

In CO, the mang's have identified this two-tone "1986" as actually being a 1979 LTD. $7600
    https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...670238565.html

In St Louis, MO, an '89 Colony Park. Although I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay $3K for it. That EGR spacer gasket will need some attention.
    https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d...675881032.html

And in Reno, NV, what is listed as an '85 TC (I believe the mangs said this is an '84) with PlaySchool camera pictures. Was $500 last night, now $200 today. Could be an easy fix, such as TFI/Distributor, and even through the nauseatingly blurry pictures doesn't look bad especially considering the price. (no point in posting those pictures here)
    https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/19...676625701.html

I'll find more to post, but what panthers did you find?
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

That 1st TC could be the Big Brown Blob
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Meh... bypass the coolant on that EGR spacer and done.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That 2-tone car is sexy as fuck. Will post some finds up in the next couple days. There's some good shit around here now and then.

Comment

LoL I doubt we'll ever see another 2dr as mint as David's.

That brown TC looks to be at least an '85...
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            That 2-tone car is sexy as fuck.
            X2

Couldn’t be many ordered in that combo.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The two tone 79 is quite possibly “one of one”. The colors and option load are quite different.

Auto temp, Cruise, digital clock, premium sound and no power windows.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                The two tone 79 is quite possibly “one of one”. The colors and option load are quite different.

Auto temp, Cruise, digital clock, premium sound and no power windows.
                ...and i stand by my statement, sexy.

Comment

1981 CV LTD, $2995, Lancaster, PA.

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto...655777861.html

Neat color scheme.
                  I didn't realize the older gear indicator read: P RND31. I know some of the Aero/Whale stuff is P RND21 and later boxes are P RNDD1

Last edited by VicCrownVic; 09-15-2018, 10:19 AM.
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

don't think I've ever seen that indicator before.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Must have been the early AOD indicator. Maybe 79/80/81 only. I know the Mark VI in 82 had PRNDD1

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My 82 was the PRND31. A November build car IIRC. The owner’s manual was really pushy on the use of overdrive. Maybe they didn’t want people to get confuzzled about having two different Drive options.

Looks pretty good except it needs a radio with knobs and push button radio presets. I’ve never seen that tutone combo which makes me wonder if it’s factory, but it looks too good in detail stuff to be done later. Not saying I’m a fan... there is probably a reason we haven’t seen more in those colors (if factory). White/red yes. Tan/red no. Maybe it’s my screen brightness and camera white balance playing tricks on me.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The thought if the colors were stock or not definitely crossed my mind. The light color does appear not to be white on my screen as well. It looks like a light cream color to me.

Here's some more detail of door jambs that usually have clues if the paint is not original.

Also, it looks like someone installed valve stems that are too short for those hubcaps or am I mistaken?
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

All the attractive box panthers around here have disappeared from CL, which is kind of a good thing. There was a '90 on there a couple weeks ago that i almost wet myself over. Found it mid-week and thought about trying to buy it over the weekend. Had already gone away. You know how i love my '90 cars....it was nice though. Looked to be a fully-loaded/optioned car with dual exhaust, EATC, power antenna, dual power seats, probably k-axle, etc. Meanwhile the shitbox '91 LTD i turned down 2-3 years ago is back again at a barely-reduced price. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...679963243.html
                            The first pics when i drove 100 miles to go look at it made it look WAAAAYYYY better. Got there to find it had a sad-cracked top. Interior was awful. Has some shitty home-made dildo speaker box in the truck. Car ran fine. Dual exhaust, k-axle, A/C worked, and sported a supposedly-recently-rebuilt trans. Only problem was that the TV cable had been disconnected for god-knows how long. I didn't catch it at first but as soon as we started driving i turned it right around, went back and said NO. Told him he should fix it before the trans shits the bed. His kid had been driving it for a year or so and everything out there is hill. Couldn't take the chance. If the car was 800 bucks i'd buy it, that's about it.

Comment

Everytime I see that one in my daydream CL searches I remember you saying it's not worth what they're asking.

I want that washer bottle.
                              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Working...
                              X