No announcement yet.

What Panthers Did You Find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very glad that is on the other coast. So much want. So little need. I am in the negative for need.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That blue CV wagon is in the farming country near Fresno with lots of orange trees. Looks pretty abused but could be an easy fix. I see it as one step from the junkyard though.

Comment

Basey-base '81 tudor:
        1981 Ford LTD

Semi-base '80 four door:
        1980 Mercury Marquis

Neither have A/C!

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Wow oh wow is that 81 two door a beauty.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Those are both nice. Both are excellent color combos. Maybe they are from up north originally for the lack of A/C? That, or they were special ordered. I can't imagine a dealer stocking a no A/C car in the southern states.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I could see a non A/C car in Maine. Never in the areas those are located in.
              That Mercury is a beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                Basey-base '81 tudor:
                1981 Ford LTD

Semi-base '80 four door:
                1980 Mercury Marquis

Neither have A/C!
                Basey-base.

What a time capsule though! Love that color combo, don't think it has a single option lol.

Not having A/C really cleans up the engine bay, although there is still a crap ton of other "life support" looking hoses and wires.

The Mercury looks nice too, but enough pics. Too many plugs of the stealership for my liking too.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Ok, this one caught my eye because there are some mods that are right up my alley and I didn't notice at least half of them right away.
                  It's a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, for $2800 in Ypsilanti, MI.
                  Definitely a '98 since it has the gray interior with gray window and lock switches (from what I've seen seems to be a '98 only thing for whales).
                  First mod that caught my eye is the '03+ ashtray/cupholder mod that I also have on my '98. Notice the extra power outlet below the ashtray. And noticed just now, is that another power port to the right of the ashtray?
                  Then I read the sparsely worded ad which claimed to have heated seats. Sure enough I look at the pictures again and I see a switch that does not belong there on both front doors forward of the seat switches. Neat that they did it with the '98 door panel and good to know if I find a donor in the future.
                  The seats I could tell yesterday were not '98, but when I looked at it again today I think those might be LSE seats? Or maybe LTC seats? Is that center console an LTC console/middle seat?
                  The trans tunnel hump looks taller than my '98, so maybe they have those vents on the rear of the center console functional. I didn't even notice the center console/vents yesterday, I completely overlooked that.
                  Looks like I see dual exhaust poking out. Trailer hitch added. Trunk organizer. I also see what appears to be the aluminum coolant crossover on the front of that intake.

Other than aftermarket radio (because it isn't interesting enough to mention above), what other mods did I overlook?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7355930418601/

Attached Files
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I am sure the owner would chat about things. Sounds like they were into the car quite a bit. Nobody just goes out to find a police aux truck pack organizer unless they like their car.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Exactly.
                      When I first saw the ad it looked like a plain Jane '98 MGM, but the more I looked at the ad the more things I saw. The heated seats and rear console vents are not quick jobs. I'm thinking the carpet was replaced to accommodate that rear vent setup.
                      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

The front seats and center section looks like Towncar items. Nice match. That is the type of car I like to buy. Someone who tastefully mods a car correctly with factory compatible upgrades. Ask if the owner has all the documents and maintenance records. Might be a good buy. The police trunk pack with the clear covers are hard to find in good shape. The bottoms are easy to find. Looks like a full size spare. Paint looks to be in great shape.
                        Since it has a hitch, does it have a Transmission cooler ? Sway bar in the rear ? One question just to see how fussy the owner was. When replacing the stereo,was original harness not cut but a adapter harness bought ? Might be helpful if new owner wanted to convert back to original stereo.
                        Last edited by Mainemantom; 06-03-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

2002 MGM LSE, under 124K miles, $1500 in Corruna, MI.
                          Pics aren't great, but the missing PRNDL gear indicator is the only clue I noticed that tells me it is an LSE and not just an LS like the ad says (because LS is how it is badged on the car.) After grabbing pics from the ad to post here and looking again I can see the console shifter looking in through the P-side window. (Can barely see it due to low quality pics.)
                          Looks like it might be in good shape, but there is a lack of good pics to tell for sure.
                          When they say it's been garage kept for the past 4 years, I'm thinking it's been sitting in the garage unmoved for the past 4 years. They claim you can drive it home though.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4-41dcffa3aa26

Attached Files
                          Last edited by VicCrownVic; 01-14-2022, 05:03 PM.
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Might be a good buy....looks like rust has gotten to it. See it creeping out behind the chrome rust hiders on the fender.
                            ~David~

Comment

I see that now. Just behind the passenger side rust cover, I mean fender trim.
                              That means it could be used as a year round DD and you wouldn't feel bad about subjecting it to winter.
                              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Good donor for an interior swap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X