What Panthers Did You Find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    I always had the same thoughts. Also seems like they spent lots of money on some things and left others untouched.

For instance:
    Door jambs: vomit. Actually they suit my taste more than the outside scheme.
    lack of rubber bumpers for the rear license plate. Bet that rattles.
    Stock brakes. Probably worn out too.
    CFI and a good old used up 302 under the hood.
    TV bushing is probably plastic still and hanging by a thread.
    Exhaust is stock. Really?
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the alternator is stock as well and just waiting to catch fire.
    Yeah made me laugh seeing that drivetrain seems untouched and i'd laugh if it stalled or caught fire when that shitty ghetto stereo was turned on. Make a car look terrible and not perform any better. Only on reality TV...

Comment

I wondered why they went through the trouble of swapping the radio and HVAC controls.

If anything the factory placement is better on 89 down.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I honestly do not get a hard on for the '79 cars... I think the mirrors, grille, bumper and taillights are kinda neat but anemic 302/351, lack of OD, carpitator and all that bring the value down. You can swap that one year only stuff over to an '87 and achieve the same appearance but gain OD, SEFI and other updates like four channel stereo, tripminder and such. But, if a guy or gal is hell bent on a '79 then it all depends. Like you said Dave, you can't restore one for less than $7k so if that is your dream car for whatever reasons then $7k isn't a bad deal. But with all the other similar cars out there at the time (Carpitator, 3 speed auto..) I'd rather put that money somewhere else and would advise anyone coming to me for direction on where to invest their money the same thing. It was just like that '87 Cadillac Brougham I saw for sale on Vanguard Motor's website.. Preposterous they expect to get what, $29,900 for that turd? But a budding enthusiast might not know that 1990-1992 saw the desirable improvements over the previous years and thus get taken advantage of...
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          I like the 89s so much I have two 89 TCs.
          Dammit. I knew I screwed up.
          I was in Maine the last weekend of September and something told me to visit Bangor, but instead I bypassed it.
          Now that I know you're there, next time I'm in the state I'll send you a PM letting you know I'm around.
          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
            Dammit. I knew I screwed up.
            I was in Maine the last weekend of September and something told me to visit Bangor, but instead I bypassed it.
            Now that I know you're there, next time I'm in the state I'll send you a PM letting you know I'm around.
            You are welcome to come by. Just pm me.

Comment

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/OR...Pr0S7ff14ha3WU

Overpriced, but nice looking.

Can't figure out why the radio antenna is on the rear quarter panel however. I looked up '85 model LTD CVs and they're all passenger fender mounted.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Maybe kept in a climate controlled storage place that is why the price is so high.

Comment

https://www.copart.com/lot/37634558

That's some serious carnage. Gotta wonder what they hit/what hit them and how fast.

My Cars:
                  -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                  -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post

That's some serious carnage. Gotta wonder what they hit/what hit them and how fast.
                    Looks like a single vehicle vs stationary object at high speed. One fatal for sure (passenger) Driver may have got ejected out of drivers window. as no distortion to steering wheel or seat. Seat belt does not look to have been used. Notice yellow"fatality blanket" tossed in back floor area. Just toss that car into the crusher, nothing to salvage just the smell of death.

Comment

Repost from Giraffe but I wanted to make sure Vic sees this:

Ad says it has a clean title. Owner has listed it as a parts car because of a crack in the transmission case.

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/c...716048653.html

From the ad:
                      "Awesome car with alot of lifetime warranty parts. Engine is strong and good running with 180,000 miles, trans is cracked at rear seal, other than that it's driveable,if it was not for the trans it would be indeed a very dependable car...302....5.0 engine"
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The '85 CV looks nice. Someone has painted many of the underside bits including the front control arms, axle and diff cover (if that means anything one way or another).

That TC really got messed up.

Edit:
                        Derek, see my reply in his thread. lol
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Here we go, people using the word "clean" again.
                          https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/c...726060370.html

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                            Here we go, people using the word "clean" again.
                            https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/c...726060370.html
                            I didn’t realize slapping a Mercury emblem on the trunk makes a Crown Victoria a Grand Marquis when everything else is still clearly Crown Victoria dress.

Also, I didn’t realize “clean” means faded paint, dirty upholstery, trim missing, and rust coming in on the fenders. Beater with a heater? Yes. Clean? No.

My Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post

Ouch. I agree with mainemantom... something large that didn’t move much/any when hit it. At least they had blue comfy seats for their last ride.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

It's pronounced Grand Markeese... and that is pretty clean for Detroit.

To those of us not in Detroit it's pronounced properly as Grand Marquis and that's definitely a beater Crown Vic.
                                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                                X