No announcement yet.

What Panthers Did You Find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$300 Parts 85 CV full vinyl top https://lynchburg.craigslist.org/cto...751977918.html

$500 The 85 CS returns again with outside pics (again) to match the cheaper price. Don’t know that i’ve ever seen a base door panel car with power windows, locks, AND premium sound. https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...740197392.html
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Wow, I have much want for that '85. Confirms it too; full vinyl top CV's got opera lights. I think we determined in another thread that the full top is an ASC thing. Looks to be dark blue or black. I'd go look at it and buy it if I could. Annd if I could straighten out the no title thing.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

This is not actually a Signature as the guy claims but the ad is good for the window sticker!
        https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto...749675766.html

I love to see options and what they cost. So, for 1988 a base Town Car was $24,373. Options & prices were:
        1) Comfort/Convenience Package - $694 (Standard on Signature)
        This included: Illuminated visor mirrors, Headlamp Convenience System (Auto), Power Decklid Pulldown, Rear Carpet Floor Mats and a 6-way power Passenger Seat.
        2) Valino Luxury Coach Roof - $359 (Standard on Signature)
        3) Keyless Illuminated Entry System - $209 (Standard on Signature)
        4) Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel - $115

So it has the same equipment a Signature has (Although turbines were part of the package and could be deleted for credit) so I guess this guy wanted the base seats and no stainless trim along the bottom as well as a 3.08 axle..

My car is a "Base" Signature, turbines were not deleted but the only option it has aside from that is the Load Leveling Suspension.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-LINCOL...0RCK:rk:1:pf:0
          This is just a window sticker.. Funny how it doesn't list "Signature" as an option but rather the model. Shows the valino roof as NC which makes sense as it was included with Signature, just funny how it doesn't show the entire Signature package. Looks like a digi dash was either a $622 or $822 option, yikes. No wonder not many of these have it. JBL was $525 dollar upgrade, wow. Also interesting is that it shows dual exhaust, trac-lok as well as a 108 amp alternator as separate options. Also shows leather as optional and for additional cost. Brochures I looked at showed that as a no-cost option, more of a preference.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            I've never DD'd a carb'd car and don't know that I'd want to honestly. Especially one with a tree-speed.

They leveled St. Thomas?
            My first car I kept for any length of time was an '84 Chevy Celebrity with a carb and a 3 speed. Drove that car as a daily for years until finally selling it in the early 2010s. I've owned a bunch of carbed cars since, and during, then. Never really had any issues as long as the carb wasn't complete trash. My daily still would probably be carbed if my '89 wasn't EFI.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

If driven daily one probably doesn't have to worry about gum issues and the problems they cause like sticking floats. The carb on my Fury was rebuilt and then cleaned by yours truly. It was fine until I started letting it sit for 4 weeks at a time, then gum. I just don't like how they're "dumb", ie you need to have a choke, fast idle cam, stuff like that. I've never known one where I can just bump the key and walk away during the dead of winter.. Then you've got heat soak issues like vapor lock, that always plagued my Fury. So many places where a carb can leak too, that ethanol isn't great for old rubber... Not for me!

Comment

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...762944813.html

I’d guess this is a good car.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Not bad. Here's one for you 2-door lovers. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...744171718.html

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                    Not bad. Here's one for you 2-door lovers. https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...744171718.html
                    Very clean car.
                    I love the statement: We are a qualified wholesaler, therefore our prices are the closest to auction prices.
                    With $2000 down. (yeah that is how much they bought it for ) One of the rules for a wholesaler is to cover what they pay, on the down payment.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                      Expensive but I really dig it. A few years ago I had the opportunity to buy a brown 2 door GM just like that locally for $500 but passed because he had a little bit of rot and I couldn't figure out a place to temporarily store it. Sort of regret that decision. Doubt another offer like that will pop up now that I potentially have the space for one.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                        Very clean car.
                        I love the statement: We are a qualified wholesaler, therefore our prices are the closest to auction prices.
                        With $2000 down. (yeah that is how much they bought it for ) One of the rules for a wholesaler is to cover what they pay, on the down payment.
                        Excellent insider info Tom.

Originally posted by slack View Post
                        Expensive but I really dig it. A few years ago I had the opportunity to buy a brown 2 door GM just like that locally for $500 but passed because he had a little bit of rot and I couldn't figure out a place to temporarily store it. Sort of regret that decision. Doubt another offer like that will pop up now that I potentially have the space for one.
                        Eee Christ, I just saw it has Michelin XH4's, the same tires my Town Car had. One blew out on me on the expressway. Must be about 20 years old. Nice they want a cool 6 grand for old moldy parts, you think the least they could have done was instead of polish shining the thing up was to put new tires on it and shine those instead. I hate dealers, all they focus on is the aesthetics.

Comment

I guess more people are moving to selling things on Facebook. There are a whole lot more box panthers for sale on Facebook than on CL.

1987 CV in Longview, TX - $2000

1989 CV in Oklahoma City, OK - $1100

1989 CV in Fort Worth, TX - $1100

Clean 1989 CV with a blown head gasket in Spiro, OK - $1500

1983 (according to ad, but looks more like 1979-1982) CV in Arkansas City, KS - $1800

Not a panther, but wasn't someone around here looking for something like this: 1978 Fairmont wagon in Odessa, TX - $2400
                          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

The blown head gasket car is my pick. That color is the best sedan color IMHO.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                              The blown head gasket car is my pick. That color is the best sedan color IMHO.
                              I agree. Very clean looking and could probably get them pretty low on the price.
                              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Agreed. Blown head gasket car is definitely the best pick. Looks really clean.

That said, I do like the dumpy "83" or whatever year it really is. I'm just a sucker for base model crap. I see it doesn't have rear defrost, lacks woodgrain around stereo/heat controls, looks like full front seat bench, analog clock and has roll up windows which I prefer.

Comment

Working...
                                X