What Panthers Did You Find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
    Cranks but wont start? I can think of quite a few cheap and easy fixes that would make this $900 very well spent.
    Throw a distributor at it, make sure the inertia fuel cutoff hasn't been tripped, verify the fuel pump is pumping. Not necessarily in that order.

Of course you would need to find cloth gray seats.

Did Grand1 go to pick up that '87 CV today?

Yes I did. Smooth sailing until the wipers went, raining like a bitch. Parked in gas station. Turned off car. Rain, tapered down. Car would not start. Ignition coil was very hot. Played with the throttle and carb and got it started to make it home with my hazards on. Fucking nerves! That was quite along trek for her from Traverse City to Brighton.

But....through all of this, let me tell you Derek was with me. What a stand up guy, I owe you buddy. Here he is helping me swap tires he donated to me, real pit crew stuff. You will never be a wagon burner to me, bro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181101_211945768.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1284832
    Last edited by Grand1; 11-02-2018, 02:30 AM.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Nice, so you took the chance and drove back after all. I bet you have a good idea what it needs now.

Congrats on the new to you car.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Nice! Need some pictures, stat.
        —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
        1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
        1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Yay for newly-acquired cars! There's just something so exciting about different stuff.

Comment

Nice. You made it back.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
              Yes I did. Smooth sailing until the wipers went, raining like a bitch. Parked in gas station. Turned off car. Rain, tapered down. Car would not start. Ignition coil was very hot. Played with the throttle and carb and got it started to make it home with my hazards on. Fucking nerves! That was quite along trek for her from Traverse City to Brighton.

But....through all of this, let me tell you Derek was with me. What a stand up guy, I owe you buddy. Here he is helping me swap tires he donated to me, real pit crew stuff. You will never be a wagon burner to me, bro.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51235[/ATTACH]
              LoL of course the car was fine for the two hours or so I was following behind you.. Still a relief that the car wasn't dead in the water, just needed a breather. Wagon burner.. hahaha good times man.

As to that Town Car, yeah, either it needed a dizzy or something else nonchalant. I'd have gambled that even if it needed an engine. Fooker is clean looking.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...740197392.html

This car was posted previously. The outside is pretty aweful looking which I suppose is why they only posted pics of the inside this time. Got the power locks and windows deal on the base door panels though.

Derby fodder...
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Danger! This one is very close by to me and while not the bestest, really cheap. https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...738997095.html

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                    Danger! This one is very close by to me and while not the bestest, really cheap. https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...738997095.html
                    The ads contents gives me mixed feelings. The owner sounds like a nice guy until he states the HO BS. I doubt there is one in there and if you try to talk to the guy about that I suspect conflict as he believes he is correct.

The quickest way to confirm HO goodness is check the injector color....Again I highly doubt they will be orange. Good luck.

Otherwise I am digging the color scheme.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                      The wire wheels are unique but I just find it hard to be a fan of them. Lacy turbines for the win on that model.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yeah i'm almost 100% sure the HO thing is bullshit. More likely this idiot just saw 5.0 and thought he had a mustang motor. As for the wheels, i prefer the wire to turbines, never liked turbines for some reason. Doesn't really matter because neither would be on there long. I may check it out sometime this week.

Comment

Yah that's every person with half a brain it seems. THey typically spell it as "Mustange Motor" too.

Comment

Hahaha Mustange. Should have a little accent mark at the end. Like the effeminate french version of the Mustang.

Comment

Whoops. https://thumb.craigslist.org/cto/d/1...740012072.html

Town Car "connected" with a deer.

Comment

That was close to being us, on that country road 66 in Traverse City.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Working...
                                X