Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the posted FB ads led me to this one in my neck of the woods:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...44074099848556

It would be a great replacement for The Ice Car, same color, although mine has the less common (with this paint color) white top (VR code YW on mine, YB on this one). Power antenna, but does not appear to have premium sound. Can't tell if it has ditch lights, probably not it's a GS. I'm guessing it doesn't have power passenger seat, but I can install that. Can't see the rocker panels in the pics and no underside pics, even though it's sitting at a lift, but what I can see looks good.

If it's still available by the time I save back up in a couple months (at $1700 I highly doubt it will be), I might have to check this one out. New wheels and winter tires set me back a bit, but new tires were badly needed.

Last edited by VicCrownVic; 01-04-2019, 10:13 PM.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Very nice! Not winter driven, I guess?
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

From what I can see, I would say that's a safe bet. Looks like it's been garage kept.
        As for the mileage, the only thing that is certain is that it has at least 74K miles, but I could believe that to be accurate.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The trunks not even rusted!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
            https://www.copart.com/lot/37634558

That's some serious carnage. Gotta wonder what they hit/what hit them and how fast.
            But very cheap price ) https://salvagecars.biz/cars/lincoln...0gy654914.html

Comment

Can't believe that pile of scrap has a bid on it. COpart and all that are a joke. Bid $500, pay ~$800+ in fees and other bullshit & that doesn't include the cost of shipping of course.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

https://youngstown.craigslist.org/ct...856994858.html

Ok.. Ashley and I might be looking at this this weekend. If we buy it, I wonder if kishy will help us with the CFI. It's a been a minute since I've had one to mess with

Comment

If it runs good... That's a sore deal. Hard to beat it.

The only thing I'd be concerned with is the timing set. Considering the mileage though, it's probably already been changed.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah really.

Ash informed that it's about 3 hours way. I've got CL capped at 200 miles and that's like 240. I'll probably pass on it but if someone else is in the area, there's a deal right there. Even the top is in good shape and the glove box has less warp than my Townie.

Comment

I’ll tell ya... that Townie took a bit. Must have been at least 50-60 MPH head on.
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...848011796.html
                        $800 obo Looks like a good driver. Get some new tires though... these scream 90’s.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                          https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...848011796.html
                          $800 obo Looks like a good driver. Get some new tires though... these scream 90’s.
                          I thought this car looked familiar. I asked my dad and he said it is identical to one his uncle bought new and babied. Sold around 2003ish. Very possible it’s the same car. If so, it has a newer AOD as the original died the TV bushing early death.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Looks like a nice car, too bad it isn't the Ford model. Ash and I just scored a '92 C1500, regular cab long box with a 350 and a five speed. Needs work but Ash has said she might need to go about buying Chevy shirts and hats to replace her Ford ones.

Comment

Was just cruising around looking at some older listings and stumbling into looking at Latin market cars.

This '82 GMQ caught my eye:
                              https://www.autosyucatan.com/autos/ford-grand-marquis/

It has the Ford dash. The exterior sports the correct Ford badging since Mercury wasn't marketed down there, but did all the Latin market GMQs of that era ship with a Ford dash instead? It looks like it features a KMH speedometer head.

My Cars:
                              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Where is Regis at! He loved those things.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X