No announcement yet.

What Panthers Did You Find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medium wood rose is a great color and look with the turbines.

And the ‘79... you’ll never fix a beater to be as nice as that for $7k. I say $7k is money well spent if it suits your fancy.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

$7k is currently way out of my league, but for someone who really wants that car and plans to hang on to it a while $7k may not be a that bad since there would be little to no restoration involved.

I think '94 was the last year of the old interior for the TC. My cutoff would be early '92 since I have two cars that can easily donate everything needed to swap a 5.0. Although I'd take any year aero TC really, not at the top of my list but certainly would consider for the right deal.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Must be 5.0. My philosophy, so '91 for LTD CV's and MGM's, '90 for TC's. I'd love to snatch me up a '90 with a digi dash, ABS and rear air suspension along with JBL & memory seats.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Shoot, I'd 5.0 swap a whale if I had the time.
          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I'd like to 5.0 swap an aero CV if I had the time and materials needed. I concede that I feel the early to mid 90's cars were better engineered, higher quality than the boxes I like to roll around in.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

What do you guys believe a realistic price to be for the 79 out of curiosity?

I know everyone likes things for cheap but something nice (lets just say the car is perfect or damn close to it) will not be given away.

Like what was mentioned above there is no way in hell you can fix one up and get it looking that nice for 7 grand. It is just not possible.

I think it comes down to this...If you dont have a want for it then one is more apt to comment on price/condition because it is not something they really are looking for.

If one is a serious buyer of said item they will see the value and understand that it costs money for nice things.

Just the way I see it. Cant wait for all of us to sell our cars and start bickering at each other. lol
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Considering I still see decent ones running around locally on a not rare basis... ~3K for a nice base model. Maybe as much as 4K at a dealer.

Remember... some of us are not in the rust belt. We see these cars much more often on the road than you guys up north.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yup, literally fucktons of them around here that aren't rot-boxes. I refuse to pay over 2-grand unless it's a really really really nice car. Most here have hammered vinyl tops, cracked dash pads and shithoused c-pillar coverings, not sure what you call that.

Comment

Oh here's a good one. I'd offer $1500 but i'd be afraid they'd accept and i would have this ugly shitbasket. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...722740400.html

Comment

LOL, that was for sale a couple years ago.
                      I think someone posted the ad in a thread here when they stumbled upon the CL ad last time.

I would love to have a Country Squire, but I'll pass on that one even if I had a spare $20k laying around.
                      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I love the stance....thats about it.

So that show was based on helping out people who had hooptie cars, while also wildly modifying them at the same time. It seems as if (specifically this vehicle) then went into storage after its transformation. What help did the owner actually receive. Lets be honest...its not practical to drive something like that everyday.
                        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          So that show was based on helping out people who had hooptie cars, while also wildly modifying them at the same time. It seems as if (specifically this vehicle) then went into storage after its transformation. What help did the owner actually receive. Lets be honest...its not practical to drive something like that everyday.
                          I always had the same thoughts. Also seems like they spent lots of money on some things and left others untouched.

For instance:
                          Door jambs: vomit. Actually they suit my taste more than the outside scheme.
                          lack of rubber bumpers for the rear license plate. Bet that rattles.
                          Stock brakes. Probably worn out too.
                          CFI and a good old used up 302 under the hood.
                          TV bushing is probably plastic still and hanging by a thread.
                          Exhaust is stock. Really?
                          I wouldn’t be surprised if the alternator is stock as well and just waiting to catch fire.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Anyone in California with a dealer license??:
                            https://www.copart.com/lot/44327948

To buy this car in calfornia you need a dealer license. Even if you live in a state that allows you to bid/buy, have to follow rules in the state the car is auctioned from.
                            -Nick M.
                            Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                            03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

MMM. S model wagon. Goals.
                              ~David~

Comment

Build date 10/78, it's 40 years old and in way better shape than my 28 year old cars. Odd thing about The Scab is how early it was built. 4/90, but it's a '91 model. The VIN model year indicator is M for '91.
                                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Working...
                                X